The mongrel at Santa Pod

Well, as I was refusing to run down the 1/4 due to a new top half of the engine, I went to town on getting her looking sharp for the crowds at GTI Spring Festival on Sunday. Here's some pics I took. Not seen her this clean for quite some time. :o And worst of all there was mud from the carpark all down the road from the Pod to the nearest road so my car was sh** high by the time I was two miles from the place. :rofl: Oh well..... :rolleyes:

DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2039.jpg

DSCN2040.jpg

DSCN2041.jpg

New things of "note": Silver painted washer bottle cap, silver painted oil cap, strut brace repainted again in skoda silver. Head is new. Much of the rest is the same. BMC box is fairly new.

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2043.jpg

DSCN2044.jpg

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2046.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg

And this is what it was like most of the time - She's never had this much attention at any other carshow she's been to. :cool:

DSCN2047.jpg

Looking the best I've seen it I think Jason!!

Couple of things though ;) Get those door handles colour coded, and facelift rear lights are definitely needed ;)

Really prefer the new front end though, like x10! Like the rear spoiler too... :)

:thumbup:

Couple of things though ;) Get those door handles colour coded, and facelift rear lights are definitely needed ;)

Really prefer the new front end though, like x10! Like the rear spoiler too... :)

Cheers fellow mod. :D Hearing you loud and clear. But I was scared off doing the passenger side after the finish on the drivers side was not the best. You cannot see in these pics, but the finish is quite "rippled" due to the gunk left by the covers seemed to have eaten into the plastic. No amount of sanding and priming could help. I will attack that side on a sunny weekend, when the wind is light. :)

Rear lights? Yeah, would like some but they're quite a lot of money to get. If anyone wants to swap to "date" their car, let me know.... :rolleyes:

Deffo has a better stance than the FSD/Eibachs (that I have on mine, front end still too high)

That chap looks like he just stumbled across mongrel on his way back from sainsburys :D

Hope the running in goes to plan :thumbup:

New handles aren't dear though Jason - and you can get them ready primed if you order Fabia Sport/late vRS ones! :)

It's fitting them which is a pain! Even armed with a guide in my faves from the vw vortex forums, I am scared crapless to remove them in case I **** something up and a bolt drops into the inside of my doors. :o

It's fitting them which is a pain! Even armed with a guide in my faves from the vw vortex forums, I am scared crapless to remove them in case I **** something up and a bolt drops into the inside of my doors. :o

They are easy!!! Its only one bolt IIRC, just use a magnetic bit to be sure! :P

Are you never tempted to just take off all the stickers and make it into the ultimate fabia sleeper?

I would be. I'm not a sticker man, the first job I've done with every car I've owned is take off the dealers sticker, the dealers tax discs holder and anything else I can find.

Clean and simple is surely the way forward.

Well, Allard sponsor the car (kind of... :rofl: ) and briskoda stickers show where to find this place. :) diesel inside on the fuel cap is so people know its an oil burner. rear screen stickers are not permanent. The one promoting my local south west motorshow will be off the car in June. :)

Did I miss something the handles are colour coded :confused:

Nice but get some covers for you locking wheel nuts man.

LOL

Where from?! Been trying! :( I need 4 caps for them. They're McGard ones - 15mm longer than standard. Would like some black caps for sure.

Where from?! Been trying! :( I need 4 caps for them. They're McGard ones - 15mm longer than standard. Would like some black caps for sure.

Ahh right , thought they looked like the mcguard jobbies,

only way would be to get some OEM lockers and OEM caps, (there not too bad) obviously not as good as the mcguard ones