Alas the 1.8T is going!

I'm afraid to say I've part-x,ed my 1.8T comfort today:(

but the good new is I will be the owner of a 1.9 130 TDi Comfort on Thursday:D,

Cant wait to pick it up, took it for a test drive today an couldn't beleive how quick it was, at least on par with my 1.8T which surprised me, was also looking at Passats but the Superb is just so much better finished and equiped it was no contest!

Oh yeah sorry, yes it is another Superb, I've driven a Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Passat and Mondeo, all diesels, over the last few weeks and nothing compared to the Superb so I thought I'd stick with what i knew best!

The PD130's are pretty quick considering the size of the Superb. In real world driving it is quick enough for most situations. A re-map up to 180BHP ish would see off other pesky diesels though :D

Pick up my new 130 TDi Superb today, oh my god I did 45 miles and the trip computer said I had averaged 59 mpg, the needle didnt move, my 1.8T was lucky to average 35 mpg on a run, you could physically see the needle move on a run! and the Tax! £135 a year compared to £210, I should have changed it years ago!!!!!

In real life driving, the 130 PS diesel is as quick as the 150 PS 1.8T because more of its available output can be used at low revs. Nobody with any sense drives a petrol engined car at engine revs corresponding to max power for any length of time.

You were vey lucky to offload the 1.8T - not an easy engine to get rid of. The 130 PS diesel is easily the best option in my view. If you tow anything, it's a no-brainer. The diesel is stronger and faster than the 1.8T and has a higher max allowable towing weight.

rotodiesel.

Pick up my new 130 TDi Superb today, oh my god I did 45 miles and the trip computer said I had averaged 59 mpg, the needle didnt move, my 1.8T was lucky to average 35 mpg on a run, you could physically see the needle move on a run! and the Tax! £135 a year compared to £210, I should have changed it years ago!!!!!

Think you need a new guage.

Nobody with any sense drives a petrol engined car at engine revs corresponding to max power for any length of time.

rotodiesel.

When doing this at the Nurburgring i used a full tank of juice in 4 laps or 56 miles :D

Very nice car, got a taxi home last week in one and was suitably impressed. Enjoy :thumbup: