#1 MarcusOctavius

MarcusOctavius

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car:2005 Octavia Est. 1.9tdi auto

Posted 18 February 2009 - 15:27

I've had my 55 plate Octavia Mk2 Est 1.9tdi for a week.100k on the clock and as on sound as a bell; delighted with it.EXCEPT I cannot get the bonnet open. The release catch comes off in my hand, and if I hold it in place with my other hand the thing won't budge so the bonnet won't open.I really would like to check the oil & water soonish.What is the short term way forward? What is the long term fix?MarcusOctavius

#2 Hairy Chris

Hairy Chris

Under the Land Rover !!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts
  • Car:A Blue 06 Mk2 Octavia Elegance 1.9Tdi,1968 Landrover with a 3.5 V8

Posted 18 February 2009 - 22:06

Hi Marcus, Try this link http://briskoda.net/...ht=bonnet catch, There might be some useful information.:)

#3 MarcusOctavius

MarcusOctavius

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Car:2005 Octavia Est. 1.9tdi auto

Posted 18 February 2009 - 22:48

:thumbup:Thanks for the link. It seems to concentrate on handles falling off. Any ideas on getting the bonnet catch to shift? Once open I can saturate everythiung in WD-40. When are Skoda going to hold their hands up and admit the fault? But if that's all that's wrong with it I will forgive them. I've just moved from a 1992 W124 Mercedes diesel estate, so I am pleased to find that familiar "hewn from granite" feeling even if the ride is not quite so cosseted. The fit and finish is better than current Mercs.

#4 luke_a

luke_a

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Car:Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Estate Elegance (05 MK2)

Posted 22 February 2009 - 13:42

I got mine replaced by the dealer. £6 part, £37.50 labour. Ouch!