MDI Retrofit

I have searched and must be blind as I would have thought its been covered on here before. What are the bits I need to retro fit the mdi onto the Stream headunit if thats possible? Part numbers please?

Hi Alex,

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/161596-adding-mdi/page__p__1985010__hl__ipod__fromsearch__1entry1985010

MDI unit: 5N0 035 342 B - £150.61

Mounting bracket for right hand drive: 1Z2 035 643 - £3.78

10 x Hex plastic collar nuts: N 910 189 01 - £1.90 (@ £0.19 each)

fly lead holder trim: 4F0 035 909 - £1.55

Fly lead: 1Z0 971 199 - £58.24

iPod to MDI lead: AZO 800 001 - £22.13

Prices exclude VAT.

Since then i've found out this is missing the lead from MDI unit -> stereo. Skoda dont sell a premade cable so you need to buy the individual wires and connector blocks then make your own wire. I gave in trying to get my dealer to order the wires for this (i thought i was slow / bad at using ETKA :giggle:) so i caved in and ordered up a Kufatec MDI harness http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1113_MEDIA-IN-MDI-Interface---Harness---VW-Golf-5.html from richter sports, who even though they dont list it on their webshop, they stock them. Delivered for £43 (arrived last night actually!)

Hope it helps,

EDIT: on german ebay there's frequently listings for the MDI unit, the fly lead and the kufatec loom for around £220 delivered. If you're not bothered about ability to return if it's faulty, that would shave off £60 in a flash

Edited by Mute

I didn't think you could add MDI to the Stream head unit

I'm pretty sure that Mute has given you the parts to connect to the Bolero, most (if not all) will be the same for connection to the Stream if it is supported

Pretty sure the MDI doesn't work with the Stream head unit either, if wanting to mount an Ipod I think the Dension adapter is the only way to go other than the aux in.

John

Go for a Dension unit. I got a Gateway 100 and it works fine with my iPod Touch. Costs less than the genuine Skoda bits. It is plug and play (well depends on where you put the iPod connector, I had to dismantle the glovebox to drill a hole in it and to screw the iPod holder on to the inside of the lid). You can control the iPod through the head unit. But the Stream does not give you album/artist/track names so there is a bit of guess work when you are using it.