blown head gasket

The head gasket on my 57 plate octavia vrs diesel has just gone an has luckily been replaced under warranty. Has anyone had any similar probs? Whats the likelyhood of it happening again or something else going wrong because of the gasket replacement. Would i be best just getting rid? Iam new to Briskoda so not sure if iam placing this on the site in the right place or if the subjects been covered before sorry if iam repeating a post

The head gasket on my 57 plate octavia vrs diesel has just gone an has luckily been replaced under warranty. Has anyone had any similar probs? Whats the likelyhood of it happening again or something else going wrong because of the gasket replacement. Would i be best just getting rid? Iam new to Briskoda so not sure if iam placing this on the site in the right place or if the subjects been covered before sorry if iam repeating a post

what year is the vrs and was the engine a pumpe deuse (PD)

was it using lots of coolant before hand?

im losing shed loads at the moment and the garage pressure tested the system and found no fault. they put it down to the oil cooler but im still losing coolant.

Do you think my head gasket is on its way?

cheers for the reply mate. was wondering as i have the same as u and want to know what the symptoms were beforehand if any??

Hi there. There were no symptoms as such, coolant warning light came on so i checked coolant level which was spot on (only had it serviced 2wks before!) but noticed it had oil floating on top which i knew was not good. On a petrol as far i knew it was head gasket that had gone but on diesel wasn't sure so googled it an it said it could be the oil cooler rings??. I just phoned dealer after wkend an took it in 1st thing mon. Dealer told me it wouldnt b head gasket as they never go but low an behold thats what it was. Dealer said they wouldve charged £960!! for work they did if it wasnt a warranty job.

Not sure if this is any help to you guys out there with diagnosing your probs but thats what happened to mine. Does any1 know how the reliability of the car is affected now its had new gasket done?

Cheers for all your posts :-)

Hi there. There were no symptoms as such, coolant warning light came on so i checked coolant level which was spot on (only had it serviced 2wks before!) but noticed it had oil floating on top which i knew was not good. On a petrol as far i knew it was head gasket that had gone but on diesel wasn't sure so googled it an it said it could be the oil cooler rings??. I just phoned dealer after wkend an took it in 1st thing mon. Dealer told me it wouldnt b head gasket as they never go but low an behold thats what it was. Dealer said they wouldve charged £960!! for work they did if it wasnt a warranty job.

Not sure if this is any help to you guys out there with diagnosing your probs but thats what happened to mine. Does any1 know how the reliability of the car is affected now its had new gasket done?

Cheers for all your posts :-)

Well i would like to think that if the head gasket has been done then the part will come with warranty so even if it went again it would be covered. My uncle had a mk5 golf gti and blew the head BIG style on his car and he got a replacement head and gasket done and it has been perfect since and its done approx 60000 miles since the work was carried out. And he has a breeze block for a right foot too!!! It will be fine. emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Well i would like to think that if the head gasket has been done then the part will come with warranty so even if it went again it would be covered. My uncle had a mk5 golf gti and blew the head BIG style on his car and he got a replacement head and gasket done and it has been perfect since and its done approx 60000 miles since the work was carried out. And he has a breeze block for a right foot too!!! It will be fine. emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Fixed in warranty, means that the warranty on the fix is only to the end of the existing warranty unless you paid for the parts.