Mirror Tilt when reverse

Yahooo......finally took delivery of my Superb Combi.

Have not really fiddle much with the car yet - but my kids really enjoy the Sun roof.

Have only paired my mobile phone.

I was told that the side mirror (left) will tilt when you put into reverse. I tried a few times but it just move a little then back to original position even before I move the vehicle.

Anyone have a solution or explanation?

Thanks

I presume you have the electric memory seat?

If so, put it in reverse so the mirror dips down (L position), then manually adjust it to the required dipped position, then set it to your seat memory position - usually memory number 1 (press SET then the corresponding numbered button until you hear a 'bong').

• Like 1

There can be an misunderstanding here,

If you have a right (driver) seated car, you have to keep it in "L" (in UK)

But in Europe with a left seated Superb you have to keep it in "R" position to mirror down.

• 6 months later...

Yes only the passengers side mirror dips in reverse . (the mirror switch needs to be in the passenger side position for this to work - L for a RHD car and R in a LHD car))

I expected them both to move as well, so what I have done is set both mirrors to the position I wanted them in for reversing into my garage and then saved the setting on number 3 on electric seat settings. This worked fine for me as number 3 wasn’t used , so I could set the seat settings the same on number 3 as number 1 with just the different mirror settings. So when I want to reverse I just press 3 and my seat stays the same but both my mirrors go to the position I want.

Hope this helps.

I expected them both to move as well, so what I have done is set both mirrors to the position I wanted them in for reversing into my garage and then saved the setting on number 3 on electric seat settings. This worked fine for me as number 3 wasn’t used , so I could set the seat settings the same on number 3 as number 1 with just the different mirror settings. So when I want to reverse I just press 3 and my seat stays the same but both my mirrors go to the position I want.

Hope this helps.

Now that's a good plan, my wife won't drive an auto so I have all 3 settings to myself, and I guess if I've linked my car to the key right the mirrors will return next timei unlock the door :D

I have a LHD superb and the problem is that when I leave the mirrors' knob on R and put reverse it dips down just fine but if I move on and then use again reverse after a while the mirror won't move at all. I have to put the knob on 0 and then on R again to dip down again...

Any suggestions?

• 7 months later...

I have a RHD Superb II and have recently noticed that the left-hand mirror doesn't always tilt when reverse gear is engaged. I checked the set-up again today and it is correctly selected. I have not tried with different positions of the selector knob as I normally keep it on zero (0). I can move the mirror with the 'joy-stick' knob so I know it CAN move - so I'm wondering if it will only tilt when in certain positions. More testing to be done but if anyone has any more information it would be welcome.

Problem solved. I had not realised that the knob had to stay in the 'L' (passenger's side) position to use this feature until I re-read all the posts above which explain it very well. Just as a matter of interest I tried setting the knob to 'R' (driver's side) to see if that mirror would dip - but it doesn't.

• 6 years later...
On 20/04/2012 at 18:23, Gizmo said:

You can't. memory seats are needed.

No, it is not needed. I don't have electro seats and have mirror dip on reverse activated. 

I was trying by long coding but no effect. I found on vw golf forum that we have to activate bit 'memory seats installed' but I don't know where it is. Then I used OBDeleven pro embedded function 'mirror dip', one click and it works know :)

Edited by vulture30
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...