Lava / Petrol Blue sample

THEFOR2

I'm going to order a Yeti soon. But I can't decide the color. Trying to decide between Lava blue/ Cappuccino/ Mato/ Platin. Got hold of a sample of Lava/ Petrol blue from the dealer. (The left is Storm blue and the right is Lava blue)

Lavablue.jpg

Played with Photoshop to have an idea how it would look on the Yeti:

Petrolblue_black_rails.jpg

So, what are your opinions about the Lava blue?

Not too keen on it TBH, the Storm blue is much nicer - but also very common (in the UK at least) as it is very similar to the race blue used on the vRS's.

I'm going to order a Yeti soon. But I can't decide the color. Trying to decide between Lava blue/ Cappuccino/ Mato/ Platin. Got hold of a sample of Lava/ Petrol blue from the dealer. (The left is Storm blue and the right is Lava blue)

Lavablue.jpg

It amazes me what people can do with photoshop,I have it on my PC about all I can do is rotate things and use the undo button.

I prefer the Storm Blue.

The styling of the Yeti looks best in brighter colours that are easier to spot in my opinion.

I've seen Silver and the dark non metallic blue ones about. They look OK parked up alone, but as they are background colours the car blends into traffic/car park.

Each to thier own though, I'm sure nearly everyone likes the colour they chose. :thumbup:

My ultimate favorites are red, white and storm blue.

I've had my Storm Blue Octavia for 5+ years now, and I've been disappointed by how dark it is. The good point is that the black rubbing strips and bumpers blend in well, but unless it is clean and in strong sunlight, it seems to just look like a flat navy blue. The Lava/Petrol blue would seem to be even darker, and so (in my opinion) look as if it would be much the same as Pacific Blue.

The VRs blue is much brighter, and more to my taste, but as you can't get Yeti's in bright metallic primary colours I'd rather have had Tangerine. (I like the Muscovado but my wife doesn't :S ) I'm hoping the Bronze will not be too dark, otherwise it's Post Box Red or Snow White now...

Chris

Thanks for forwarding James,

I will grant permission for you to take a photo or two when it arrives as it may be one of the first Lava / Petrol Blue Yeti to arrive in UK !

It blends nicely with the the black exterior trim and roof rails in my opinion.

See you in September hopefully. :)

Either blue is a mile away from the lovely bright vRS blue but this new one is still a nice subdued classy sort of colour. If you like black but have had to many a black car perhaps this is a nice compromise I think. I also think it will look black to most people when passing! So good luck keeping it clean!

Lavablue.jpg

Hi, new person here! Just wondering which dealer had a colour sample? I've called up a couple and they both said they havent got one so couldnt show me the colour in the flesh.

Cheers

Hi, new person here! Just wondering which dealer had a colour sample? I've called up a couple and they both said they havent got one so couldnt show me the colour in the flesh.

Cheers

The dealer here in Sweden had no real color sample. They got the image from Skoda. They told me that color samples will be sent to all dealers soon.

The dealer here in Sweden had no real color sample. They got the image from Skoda. They told me that color samples will be sent to all dealers soon.

Oh, didnt realise you were in Sweden... I guess I will just have to wait!!

I think the brochures are going to be reprinted in the UK next month with the new colours, and then I suspect the paint swatches will follow shortly.

Is Lava Blue and Petrol Blue definitely the same colour, just different names? Like Muscovado and Mato?

I'm sure I saw a Czech brochure will Lava Blue in it recently and it looked lighter than I was expecting. I may have dreamt it though....

I think the brochures are going to be reprinted in the UK next month with the new colours, and then I suspect the paint swatches will follow shortly.

Is Lava Blue and Petrol Blue definitely the same colour, just different names? Like Muscovado and Mato?

I'm sure I saw a Czech brochure will Lava Blue in it recently and it looked lighter than I was expecting. I may have dreamt it though....

The new international brochure gives colour code 0F0F for Lava Blue, so when you get details of Petrol Blue you'll be able to see whether it has the same colour code or not.

Chris

I saw all the new color samples at my dealer today. The Lava Blue was dark. Storm Blue was a dark color, but Lava Blue was even darker. Looked good in bright sunlight, but looked black otherwise. The Malachite Green was a little bit lighter, and looked good in bright sun, but I didn't like it then the sun didn't shine. Terracotta Orange was a pleasent suprise. For now, It's my favorite. Decisions, decisions...

I like Lava Blue, if it looks as good as the photoshopped image it lends an understated class to the Yeti in this shade. Definitely a colour i'd consider if I ever replace mine. I considered Storm Blue but found it too bright, and also considered Muscavado. In the end went for Steel Grey.

My personal favourite though at the moment is the Orange. A real suprise when you see it in the flesh.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys, I have just ordered a Lava Blue Yeti as the sample looked awesome in the sun and the best of the darker colours for in the winter. Anyone got a Lava blue Yeti who can post some pictures so we can all see what it really looks like on the car. Thx

I've not had the time to upload all my photos from the Frankfurt motorshow but they had a LOT of cars there in what I think was Lava blue. Here are some of the Yeti:

imgp0809k.jpg

imgp0826e.jpg

Just remember show floor lights are awful to show true colour.