Rear screen washer bottle

It was suggested to take a look at the bottle/container as the pressure is not the same as it was.Took a look at what has to come off and not sure how many bits have to be dismantled.I can see the shopping hook has to come off and it looks like the rear covering plus plastic moulding as well.Do you have to remove the rear parcel shelf as well as the trim is covered by that?. Would appreciate advice please.

It was suggested to take a look at the bottle/container as the pressure is not the same as it was.Took a look at what has to come off and not sure how many bits have to be dismantled.I can see the shopping hook has to come off and it looks like the rear covering plus plastic moulding as well.Do you have to remove the rear parcel shelf as well as the trim is covered by that?. Would appreciate advice please.

I could be totally wrong 'cos I've only got a "veteran" 2004 Octy but mine doesn't have a rear screen washer bottle. The rear washer uses the stuff out of the front washer bottle. IIRC the only problem you are likely to encounter is the pipe joint above the CD changer coming apart in VERY cold weather. A 10 min fix - lots of threads on this!

All the best,

Dave

As above, there is no rear washer bottle on the Octavia, the rear washer is fed by the front (and only) washer bottle.

Lot and lots of threads on the rear washer jets, they are renowned for clogging up. Lift up the hinged plastic cover and the jet itself can be lifted straight off and given a good scrub.

hanks guys for info, that means the bottle is ok as fronts are powerfull.Yes I have cleaned the jets off the wiper and thats when I found the water just bubbling out where as some time ago when doing it the jet went right over the car.

Be careful then, if after removing the jet the water is still only dribbling out then this suggests to me that the pipe is split somewhere between the front and rear of the car. If you can't see it leaking out from underneath then this means it will be leaking into the interior of the car somewhere.

Once you remove the jet off the rear wiper arm and activate the rear wash the water pressure should be strong enough to shoot a jet of water a good 10 feet into the air.

Leaky washer pipes are a common problem on the Octavia. First place to check is the boot, look in the spare wheel well for water and also feel for damp carpets around near the CD Multichanger (if fitted).