2012 S4 avant

Nicky boy

Must admit the FL front end is much better. Very subtle differences, especially when the old one is very nice and you wonder how it can be improved. Then some clever d i c k at the Audi design team manages to put a few angles together and, wow!

Back end looks no better than before........still sexy!!!!

Thanks - can I also ask, is it easy to see what gear you're in, from the display/maxidot? Or do you change up/down on the padles by revs or listening to the engine note?

One of the things that put me off the DSG in vRS is the gear "number" was only shown in a small font in the maxidot to right hand corner rather than a large display, and I like to see what gear I'm in.

Still a few track passes at Combe going this year..... :happy:

You wouldn't need to break 3000rpm and could coast round and still make it look respectable :thumbup:

Trying to pollute the field with other non-Skodas. ;)

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I found a negative. It doesn't have a footrest for when you are in cruise like the VRS did. 800 miles in and that's probably it negative wise.

I guess you could say it likes a bit of fuel but I'm not too bothered right now.

Guest Tim31

Yeah i have them too on mine. Better the fogs come on than HIDS to illuminate when unlocked. No good for the ballasts I suspect. Nice motor not keen on the interior colour coding but it's different.

I was going to ask that too. I enquired with two brokers just over two weeks back and the best discount was £5950.00 if taking the finance contribution also. That was on a White avant black edition s4 with 10k of options.

DtD are offering £6.6K discount off standard car, including £1.7K dealer discount for taking out Audi finance, at present.

Broadspeed are offering almost exactly the same amount off a BMW 335i M sport touring.

• Like 1

I got lucky and got on the 1st quarter campaign and got an extra 1.5k off mine and a 1% lower interest rate on the loan. Just makes it easier to afford monthly really.

Depends on whether or not you see a car as an expenditure like I do. Some people can't face the depreciation or the running costs which is understandable. I'm still young(ish) and stupid with my money as you can probably tell!

Depends on whether or not you see a car as an expenditure like I do. Some people can't face the depreciation or the running costs which is understandable.

Car's that are NOT an expenditure are very few and far between.

I'm looking at putting down a deposit on a new Jaguar F-type as I reckon there's possibly 6 months free (or to be more accurate, depreciation free) motoring on offer. It also happens to coincide with when my Octavia is up for renewal!

Car's that are NOT an expenditure are very few and far between.

I'm looking at putting down a deposit on a new Jaguar F-type as I reckon there's possibly 6 months free (or to be more accurate, depreciation free) motoring on offer. It also happens to coincide with when my Octavia is up for renewal!

Yes true. I was mainly talking about the monthly payment of buying one.

I can't picture in my head what a new F type Looks like. Do you mean XF?

I looked at an XFR but it was too big for my garage so couldn't get one. Lovely interiors the jags. Never been for a ride in one but I would certainly like to.

Ok Ok, enough already!

Briskoda not Briskaudi!

This is the General Car Chat area. :thumbup:

Talking of which I got my Nissan back yesterday. ;)

After having the Yeti for two months I'd forgotten how low, loud, uncomfortable, conspicuous and big the Nissan is. :D

How is the Audi going?

WOW that car is a beaut.

I'm really enjoying the Audi, getting to around 1000 miles now do starting to press on a bit more with it. I just want to drive it all the time. I came back from the football pitch yesterday with a crowd of 9-10 lads looking round it. Kinda makes me fell smug but I also wanna say get away from the car! Paranoid a little still about leaving it but I'm getting better. On the plus my insurance renewal is only £1158 with £600 excess so I'm quite pleased.

Where was the Nissan? Not in for more tuning was it?

Where was the Nissan? Not in for more tuning was it?

It was off the road for nine and a half weeks due to a lorry catching the front wing.

One of the advantages to an unusual car that's made in Japan. Five/Six weeks for parts to arrive by boat...

If I'm honest it's a good car, but the ownership experience is flawed, which takes a lot of the shine off. Think it's going soon.

I had more fun in the Fabia on Monday doing a track session.

I loved it at first, but the honeymoon is over.

As it's just a toy I've got a new project brewing, which is a 4x4 Fabia with a fair amout of bhp. (as in Fabia Project Section)

I'm not directly replacing the Nissan because one of the things I don't like is all that money tied up in a car and the high running costs, just to use it occasionally.

I've done 3000 miles since October. I can think of better things to do with the money.

While it is a fantastic achievement and technically a great car it has a lot of compromise to be able to do what it does.

Things you overlook when it's new and you think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Mainly the absolutely dire customer service from Nissan (I will never buy a "normal" Nissan after this), the running costs, hard ride and fear of leaving it anywhere incase some jealous person runs a key down the side of it's immense flank. The five/six week wait for parts if you have any issues doesn't help either.

The only way to really enjoy the GT-R is to take it to a track... which is rather expensive, which kills the enjoyment. Maybe why so many people have low milage ones that have never been tracked. They don't want to risk bending it or paying out for big bills.

I have to say that the fierce acceleration, handling and owners group are very good though.

But overall having owned it I have learnt a very important lesson. Speed does not equal fun. Going faster is not more fun, so just because a car is faster does not make it better.

Give me a car I can play with and get close to it's handling limit at more reasonable speeds and play with please. :)