2012 S4 avant

Nicky boy

The Avant styling is much better IMO. Too many Audis around in saloon guise and all the models look too alike.

Car looks nice, but maybe a thread for "Member's Cars" ?

Did you consider the RS4?

I believe the S is like a bridge model between that and the regular run of the mill cars. Or is it the Sport version?

Can't afford the RS4. Maybe when I'm 30 when this car has served its purpose. The S model is the bridge yes. The performance is very similar to the old RS4. The new RS4 will be 65k with all relevant options. Performance will not be worth the extra 20k IMO. The S4 has a supercharged V6 so is pretty pokey. There isn't a sport version, it goes A4, S4, RS4 with the S and RS only being available with one engine type.

I test drove an S5 and I have to say in terms of performance the S cars are very good value compared to the RS cars.

20k to get to 60mph a second faster does seem rather a lot. :)

I know the RS has more of a following, but like most things I guess there is an amount of cost for the badge on top of the extras it gets.

When I looked at getting the TT-RS everything was extra money, even cruise control. On a 45K car! mad!.

It was standard on my 11k Fabia Greenline. :giggle:

I test drove an S5 and I have to say in terms of performance the S cars are very good value compared to the RS cars.

20k to get to 60mph a second faster does seem rather a lot. :)

I know the RS has more of a following, but like most things I guess there is an amount of cost for the badge on top of the extras it gets.

When I looked at getting the TT-RS everything was extra money, even cruise control. On a 45K car! mad!.

Yep I looked at an RS3 with cruise as an option. Joke! The interior wasn't all that either. Performance was good though.

Yes I just need to have time to block out the number plate. Probably tomo night now.

Managed to get about 7.5k off in total including 2300 towards deposit from audi financial services. The campaign has ended and the deals aren't quite as good. I phoned 20 odd dealers to get this price though. The dealer I used was 200 miles away!

So did you go direct to a dealer as opposed to via a broker? 7.5k off list is pretty good!

So did you go direct to a dealer as opposed to via a broker? 7.5k off list is pretty good!

I was going to ask that too. I enquired with two brokers just over two weeks back and the best discount was £5950.00 if taking the finance contribution also. That was on a White avant black edition s4 with 10k of options.

Well I know the finance deal I got on has ended so I got very lucky with that. As I said I phoned numerous dealers to see what they could do. Tried to get them to match a broker and they basically did. They had to unlock a month old campaign to get me onto that as it ended in March. Apparently the new deal isn't as good.

Looks lovely Nicky!

I love the wheels! :)

Avants look the best! I've also got a soft spot for the new Mercedes C class Combi's I think they look great too!

That's one of the things I hate so much about Audi. They don't have to copy EVERYTHING that BMW do... :wall:

Do we all get to sit in it when you bring it to Combe? :angel:

Does look very good. Super Sports Seats and B & O speakers would be top of my options list too. Top work with the price too.

Going 200 miles is fine really. If it gets you a better deal. I went 200 miles also. Plus, longer drive home.... :devil:

Edited by Reavenger

You're more than welcome to have good nosy round and it in mate. Just floored it in 1st, stuck to the seat all the way to 4th. Lovely jubbly. Il def do pics tomo night of front and back. Been driving all night. Need to stop flooring it now. Run it in Nick I keep telling myself.

Well ware lovely motor really is and there performance is amazing ,

Please don't take this up wrong but does the Vrs not look more a sporty car or how would u compare the looks of both?

I just think the s4 looks much like any a4 estate does it not or am I way off?

What Vrs did u trade year/petrol diesel etc.

Is the rs4 much differant to the s4?

Anyway great that ur happy and a real nice car!

Edited by Davidsr20

Well ware lovely motor really is and there performance is amazing ,

Please don't take this up wrong but does the Vrs not look more a sporty car or how would u compare the looks of both?

I just think the s4 looks much like any a4 estate does it not or am I way off?

What Vrs did u trade year/petrol diesel etc.

Is the rs4 much differant to the s4?

Anyway great that ur happy and a real nice car!

I was actually suprised at how sport it looked. The suspension is lower the wheels are 19", has quad exhausts, privacy glass, roof spoiler and aggressive lights. The VRS had the spoiler which made a big sport contribution. I think the S4 looks sporty but also refined. Trouble is I'm in a honeymoon period with my S4 so am probably biased.

I traded in a 2011 petrol hatch dsg. The current RS4 is pretty dated compared to the S4 and is as quick apparently. However, new RS4 should be out very soon and that will be quicker than my S4 and have a much more updated exterior and interior than the B7 version. The current B7 RS4 is minimum 5 years old. Basically the B7 RS4 and the B8 S4 are very different. The B7 RS4 was awesome wide arches and apparently sounds better (I cannot comment on this).

Lovely looking car! Looks like you got it from Maidstone/Tonbridge Audi? or Kent anyway from the plates...

Not keen on the black/white seats but everything else looks lush! :)

White Estates ftw! :rofl:

Funny they seem to put 7 speed wet/dry dsg in fun cars now... mine has the 7 speed dry clutch dsg which is great!

Lovely looking car! Looks like you got it from Maidstone/Tonbridge Audi? or Kent anyway from the plates...

Not keen on the black/white seats but everything else looks lush! :)

White Estates ftw! :rofl:

Funny they seem to put 7 speed wet/dry dsg in fun cars now... mine has the 7 speed dry clutch dsg which is great!

Yes from Maidstone. Travelled 200 miles to get it as they were the only dealer I could find with an S4 which wasnt allocated. Seats are one of my favourite parts. They can come in red/brow/black instead of the silver.