Shark Re-Map

Chubbs

Hi Folks

The family car is now a 2.0 TDI 110bhp diesel, having come from a vRS CR 170 diesel. The 110 unit is pretty good really but could do with a little bit more on occasions.

What kind of bhp and torque increases could I expect from a Stage 1 map? Not that I'm specifically looking for a massive gain.

Is it possible to have a map tailored to an individual vehicle? If so what options are there?

What price would a stage 1 map cost?

I think a brake upgrade would also be needed with the extra bhp - what options are there and, again, at what cost?

Many thanks

Chubbs

The CR110 engine is the same as the CR140 and so gains can be anywhere up to the 170hp area. We can tailor it in any way that you want, the map is £499 including VAT and I see that you're a Freedom member so there's a 10% discount if done by us at HQ.

Cheers

I'm guessing it's a case of if you know what you're doing, you don't. The 110 must be a software de-tuned 140, for emissions/insurance/general "cheapness" reasons, marketed generally at people who don't modify. Happens in many sectors, there are several examples in IT where you can buy a low-end CPU, and overclock it to the same/higher levels than you could do if you started by buying mid-range. Some people won't want to run outside of specs (or aren't aware that it's possible) and will just run the mid-range at its stock speed, some people don't mind taking a risk and will save some cash by buying lower and overclocking, it's the same deal here. You pay your money and take your choice :)

I'm guessing it's a case of if you know what you're doing, you don't. The 110 must be a software de-tuned 140, for emissions/insurance/general "cheapness" reasons, marketed generally at people who don't modify. Happens in many sectors, there are several examples in IT where you can buy a low-end CPU, and overclock it to the same/higher levels than you could do if you started by buying mid-range. Some people won't want to run outside of specs (or aren't aware that it's possible) and will just run the mid-range at its stock speed, some people don't mind taking a risk and will save some cash by buying lower and overclocking, it's the same deal here. You pay your money and take your choice :)

I do both - i7-2600 @ 3.8GHz (no unlocked multiplier) and AMD FX-8120 @ 4GHz :D