Joe_vrs_tdi...rolling on steelies! Smooth as a....

joe_vrs_tdi

Thought i would start a little log up of my progress and ready for future mods.

So it started off as a bog standard mk1 vrs tdi pd130.

This was when i seen her first

media.jpg

First mod, led side lights.

20120103_164119.jpg

Then it started taking off with some ap coilovers fitted by yours truely and the first time i tackled something like it.

Then a few weeks after hap it remapped and made 157bhp and 280ft/lbs on the rollers http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

fabrollers.png

Then i wrapped my chrome grille matte black and tinted the lights.

20120526_160852.jpg

Also fitted a txautosport cooler and a seat sport strut brace.

20120526_134843.jpg

Now this is where the fun starts, well after i got over this :?

IMG-20120606-WA0000.jpg

Original kkk turbo pooped itself.

So picked this little number up, a stage 2 garret pd130 hybrid.

20120818_160144.jpg

The turbo ruined my intercooler so i thought i would go for a larger mishimoto cooler and custom pipe work, it took me a while to sort all the pipes but i got there in the end.

IMG_20120825_173827.jpg

Also done a wide mouth bumper conversion.

IMG_20120906_181836.jpg

Custom pipe work http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

20121012_151226.jpg

Inlet manifold was removed for cleaning on that picture above, so one of the cleaning lol

20121027_113647.jpg

More pipe work for you.

IMG_20121017_171158.jpg

So now its today and still left to do is the turbo fitment and engine flush etc with egr delete pipe to go on aswell. Waiting on a full turbo back system to arrive from piper that i ordered on friday for a great discount price. Now saving for a cg motorsport uprated clutch and solid flywheel to handle my new power to come http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Thanks for reading my progress, im sure there will be much more to come though.

Joe.

• Like 2

wow.

Impressive. Is it back on the road, all back together again? What power/estimate?

no not yet but not to long hopefully. i am wanting around 210bhp and around 340+ft/lbs but just want it nice and smooth and fun to drive at the end of the day so not to bothered what it makes :)

• Like 1

Great thread Joe - Nice to see all your stuff n one place. Keep us posted - We like pictures! :D

I'm in a similar state at the minute - Already have my clutch and SMF fitted, but need to mount the Intercooler, and then get the turbo on. Also waiting on piper! (de cat downpipe)

Who are you planning on getting to map it?

cheers mate. im waiting on piper aswell turbo back decat 0 silencers ;).

dirty-torque will be fitting the turbo and doing the custome remap all at the same time and hopefully a cg motorsport clutch kit.

i got a couple of small things planned too like split my head lights and spray the chrome edging black and finish my cone in a box.

looks mean!

love it :thumbup:

Love what you've done so far. Would like to see a vid with the piper fitted with 0 silencers.

I have 1 silencer on mine and it's brilliant. Would be interested if you get the owl noise

Cheers both always nice to hear.

I will get a couple of vids when its all done, hopefully a few on track to ;)

no not yet but not to long hopefully. i am wanting around 210bhp and around 340+ft/lbs but just want it nice and smooth and fun to drive at the end of the day so not to bothered what it makes :)

Your right, its not about the numbers really. Its about useability.

Looking forward to it!

It'll owl like mad but also sound horrific at idle, that blowing down a straw hollow noise lol.

Some like it, it drove me mad after a week so I go dry bummed by Piper for a silencer.

• Like 1

It'll owl like mad but also sound horrific at idle, that blowing down a straw hollow noise lol.

Some like it, it drove me mad after a week so I go dry bummed by Piper for a silencer.

I wont be sitting around at idle long enough ;) i took a chance buying it with 0 silencers but i will soon see if i like it or not, bet the other half wont though.

Anyway update today as i got home to this.

20121106_160234.jpg

Half hour later after the extreme wrapping from piper i found this.

20121106_161926.jpg

20121106_161948.jpg

The tip i ordered is going to sit perfect in the bumper mould aswell, very happy with my choice :)

20121106_162159.jpg

For now its collecting dust in the garage (dinning room) with many other parts in the waiting

20121106_164555.jpg

• Like 2

Nice progress mate! LOL at the dinging table. Your Mrs must be going mental

Grant

nar the mother lol. still home grown me. she is used to it now though.

Would advise against fitting the Red cone filter on your dining room table haha!

Nice Zorst

the cone is being used as my mock up for my cone in a box mod.

• Like 1

I sold it mate :( broke my heart, I just could not afford £800 a month to run it, my own fault really had the car to buy just can't loose half my earnings basically getting back and forth to work lol.

So a vrs kinda fits the bill nicely for me I think, let me know when you're going and if we're both sorted well have to get on it!