MkI Fabia options/ build codes

@Lee

After seeing this posted by bluevrs2, I thought I'd start and try to compile a list of codes for future reference. These are the options codes that can be found on the sticker under the boot carpet or in the service schedule book. If anyone would like their codes adding to help others decipher their meaning, please feel free to PM me the codes and I'll add them to the list as I'd like to keep this topic informative. Hopefully this can be stickied or moved the the really useful Fabia section.

0GE = Emission standard EU3
0GG = Emission standard EU4
1AP = Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with electromechanical brake booster
1AR = Anti-spin regulation (ABS/ASR)
1D0 = Without trailer hitch
1KK = Disc brakes, rear
1KP = Disc brakes, rear
1KQ = Disc brakes, rear
1LN = Disc brakes, front -288mm
1LQ = Front disc brakes with integrated adapter -256mm
1LR = Front disc brakes with integrated adapter -256mm
1N2 = Power steering electro-hydraulic
1NL = Covers for alloy wheels
3FA = Without roof insert (standard roof)
3L2 = Manual height adjustment for right frontseat
3NC = Rear seat bench/backrest, split folding
3QT = 3-point seat belts with tensioner and height adjustment, front
3S4 = Preparation for roof load rack
4A0 = Without seat heater
4A3 = Seat heater for front seats separately controlled
4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing
4R2 = Power windows front, mechanical window regulators rear
4UE = Air bag for driver and front seat passenger
4X0 = Without side air bag
5RQ = Right exterior mirror: convex
5RV = Right exterior mirror: aspherical
5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
6FB = Body-colored exterior mirror housings
6FF = Body-colored exterior mirror housings and various add-on parts
6Y0 = Without cruise control warning system
7A0 = Without CD changer/CD player
7A2 = CD changer
7AH = Electronic vehicle immobilization devicewith alarm system, passenger compartmentcontrol and backup horn
7P0 = Without lumbar support in seat backrests
7Q0 = Without navigation device
7X0 = Without park distance control
8GD = Alternator 90A
8L3 = Roof antenna
8QL = Key for locking system with remote control
8QK = Key for locking system
8RM = 8 speakers (passive)
8UE = Radio with CD drive
8UK = Radio 2007 "Sound2"
8WR = Front fog lights
8X0 = Without headlight washer system
9AP = Climatic air-conditioning system (semi-automatic)
9P0 = Without seat belt reminder
9W0 = W/o car phone preparation/installation
B09 = Type approval Great Britain and NorthernIreland
BWB = code not found
E0A = No special edition
F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
FDA = code not found
G02 = Front shock absorption
G04 = Front shock absorption
H0G = Tires 185/60 R14 H
H2J = Tires 205/45 R16 83W
J0L = Battery 340 A (70 Ah)
J0N = Battery 330 A (61 Ah)
L08 = Suspension range 08 installation control only, no requirement forecast
L35 = Suspension range 35 installation control only, no requirement forecast
OQZ = Special edition nameplate set
Q1A = Standard front seats
Q4H = Comfort sports seats, front
QG0 = Without service interval prolongation
QN1 = Drawer under left front seat
QN2 = Drawer under right front seat
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paint Codes
Early Fabia and other Skoda models paint codes can be found HERE (Originally posted by Fordfan)
And in the image below.

post-73816-0-55973700-1357428650_thumb.jpg
Trim options
post-73816-0-05857000-1360777002_thumb.jpg
Colour options

post-73816-0-97449100-1382446461_thumb.jpg
jpgs taken from 2003 showroom sales brochure

Original accessories brochure PDF

A revised accessories brochure PDFSkodaFabia_Accessories_en.pdf

• Like 4

I've already lodged mine at http://www.briskoda....-codes-decoder/

Hadn't seen that, David. If you don't mind I've copied and pasted them to notepad, I'll sift through them later and ones that aren't yet listed can be added to the above and we'll have a separate Fabia MkI list pinned in the MkI section for reference.

Lee.

I'll hopefully be able at some point to list them alphabetically/ numerically.

I'll hopefully be able at some point to list them alphabetically/ numerically.

I didn't like to mention that! :hi:

Might be able to do it quickly by importing into Excel and sorting?

• 11 months later...

Seems like Cruise isn't covered by an option code judging from the other topic I linked to previously.

Can be retrofitted sometimes (in fact most times) but not always - e.g. an August/September 2004 just pre-facelift car install failed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1AP = Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with electromechanical brake booster

I have this code in my Service booklet, so I have ESC on my car? I ask it beacause I don't have any button to switch it on/off on the dashboard, I only have ASR? I heard somewhere that only mk 1 Fabias that had this option were vrs, but my fabia is 1.9 TDI 74 KW estate version(elegance). 

@Lee01 

Thanks for the answer, but I knew that. What I don't know is the difference(if there is any) between ESC and ESP and wheather my car really has got that, i.e can I trust this code in the booklet? I saw some mk1 Fabias with ESP and thay had a button on the dash instead of that ASR button. 

@Lee01 

Thanks for the answer, but I knew that. What I don't know is the difference(if there is any) between ESC and ESP and wheather my car really has got that, i.e can I trust this code in the booklet? I saw some mk1 Fabias with ESP and thay had a button on the dash instead of that ASR button. 

ESC and ESP are the same thing, just different trade names. ASR (anti-slip regulation) is only a basic form of traction control. If your car has the code 1AP, it will definitely have ESC/ESP.

EDIT: Oh wait, you have an ASR button? I don't understand that. Your code would then be 1AR.

Edited by TMB

@TMB

Right! That's what puzzles me. Morover, there's a guy on Serbian Skoda forum who claims he has also ONLY ASR button on the dash and his code is also has 1AP on Fabia Estate Confort 1.4 16v 74 kw. 

I bought my car from Germany and I suppose I can trust manual(right?)? All the other codes are OK, everythiong matches...Since I bought used car I cannot be certain what's there and what's not. There are some extra equipment here like parking aid in the back. Can it be that they did put ESC but they left ASR button in case you want switch off only ASR? 

Edited by Hatuna

I have traction control (ASR). I also have the code 1AP (ESC). Only traction control can be deactivated, that is why there is no button to turn off ESC.

If you have ASR, you also have ABS. They are three different systems and can all be on the same car at the same time, however as stated, only ASR can be turned off.

They are three different systems and can all be on the same car at the same time, however as stated, only ASR can be turned off.

Wow, I didn't know you could have ASR and ESC on the car together. I thought it was either one or the other. Baffling.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Just bought a fabia 1.9 comfort estate. I have an ASR button and the 1AP code. So will I definitely have ABS. Is that categorically true every time?

• 3 months later...

Laura - welcome to this forum. 

May I suggest starting a new topic and giving much more information as to what you car is - no ones's going to be able to help you on that minimal info

• 11 months later...

some of the codes listed in my service book, don't appear on the list? where can I find out what they are? will my local skoda dealer help?

Depends how well you get on with them.  I've not tried with  Skoda, but when I bought my Polo recently I asked my friendly VW dealer if he would tell me the full car data, and I got back a pdf with all the options detailed. About 5 times as many as on the sticker in the service book/boot floor; all fully defined.

Why not list them out here ?

A good option too, if the Skoda dealer parts man won't help.

Another option is to have a look on this list. But it isn't a full listing, even though it appears so. Many of the option definitions lack precision/specificity.

• ColinD unpinned this topic