Optional Canton stereo system... any opinions yet?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone had got to listen to the optional Canton stereo system yet? Apparently there's a few demos at dealers that have the option fitted and I was just wondering if my suspitions of it being good are justified or whether it was a let down? I've yet to locate a local dealer that has it fitted to hear it myself. :(

I would like to know this as well. I'm trying to get a test drive next week and hoping to find a vehicle with canton and amundsen. Would love to get Columbus + Canton, but the Columbus gets slightly off the budget.

I wonder if the Canton system is similar to the Dynaudio upgrade in the VW Golf?

There are lots of reviews/real word opinion of Dynaudio here www.golfgtiforum.co.uk

IMO the stereo/speaker system in my Blackline is more than acceptable.

No, it's a different manufacturer. I'm not a huge fan of the standard setups so I'm really hoping the Canton setup is good. I'll be pairing it withe Columbus so I reckon I'm unlikely to find a demo car with both fitted. :(

Lee, not got it in our demo but when I went on the pre-launch there were a couple of Octavias with the Canton fitted, so we got to have a little play with it.

The sub in the boot does give that extra needed bass (if that's what you're in to) and the extra speakers (tweeters) will help with the treble.

I found it more than acceptable, but then it really is, each to their own. If you want big thumping bass that blows your eardrums then it's not for you :giggle:

• Like 1

Lee, not got it in our demo but when I went on the pre-launch there were a couple of Octavias with the Canton fitted, so we got to have a little play with it.

The sub in the boot does give that extra needed bass (if that's what you're in to) and the extra speakers (tweeters) will help with the treble.

I found it more than acceptable, but then it really is, each to their own. If you want big thumping bass that blows your eardrums then it's not for you :giggle:

That's great Lee, thanks. I'm jst after a good balanced sound including some depth on the lower frequency notes so will try to find one for a listen asap :)

Would is be comparable to say the Bose system found in B7 Audi A4s and Exeo Spot Techs ?

I've not yet been able to compare but if it performs similarly to the Bose in the B7 format cars I'll be very happy. My guess (based on the system spec and system cost) is that it wont be as good but who knows right now.