Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

Hi

Very good , interesting , is that the same pipe that can be purchased from ebay made by samco .

Yours does indeed look very good.

Trev

Hi mate I think the samco is just one solid silicone hose with no joints but this is just as good in my opinion

Please feel free to ask any questions or anything

Hope this helps :)

I have an egr delete, so will I need a different size 90º bend? also I presume I will only need one coupler, but which one?

Cheers

Alex

• Like 1

Good job where Samco have made that price up from I don't know but £240ish is day light robbery.

I did this same mod to my ibiza Cupra tdi but using forge hoses to the alloy pipe that's all ready there.

I would agree with what other people have said through and make it up and sell them for X pounds if think I'd make a good profit but I'd my self use ash silcon hoses instead :)

• Like 1

Does that pipe have the beaded edges?

No mate but I haven't had any issues up to now with the pipes blowing off :) I'm sure you could get a one with them

brilliant! if i was you i would start making these up and sell them. **** paying samco prices.

Iknow mate sitting on a little fortune maybes haha

I have an egr delete, so will I need a different size 90º bend? also I presume I will only need one coupler, but which one?

Cheers

Alex

And Alex you would only need the small coupler type D to go into the intercooler also the 90 degree reducer would have to be whatever size your egr delete pipe is outside dimension on one side then 51mm internal on the other to go onto the stainless steel pipe :)

Good job where Samco have made that price up from I don't know but £240ish is day light robbery.

I did this same mod to my ibiza Cupra tdi but using forge hoses to the alloy pipe that's all ready there.

I would agree with what other people have said through and make it up and sell them for X pounds if think I'd make a good profit but I'd my self use ash silcon hoses instead :)

I totally agree mate disgrace I think it's because forge know how much people are after these sort of boost pipes so have stuck a massive price tag on them knowing people will pay it as its the only aftermarket boost pipe available (solid silicone pipe) someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Carlvrs you're a legend! Been having loads of trouble with boost hoses. Just put my order in for this stuff. Thanks for sharing it.

Glad your happy mate think everyone's in the same boat with boost pipe issues :) let me know how you get on with fitting them also when ordering the silicone hoses just let them know what colour your after if your buying the ones from the link they are spot on

have you noticed a difference in performance, does it pull any better or no different. did u have to remove the bumper to attach it onto the intercooler

have you noticed a difference in performance, does it pull any better or no different. did u have to remove the bumper to attach it onto the intercooler

Massive difference mate pulls like a train now and my mpg is a million times better but that's because I knew my original pipe was leaking boost, also no you can get to it by taking out the headlight makes things a lot easier :)