Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

Fitted mine yesterday. Noticed more smoke out the exhaust but then had the pipe blow off the coupler at the intercooler. Need to double up my jubilee clips but noticed my 45 degree pipe from the intercooler seems to be under a bit of pressure and bending a little more than natural. How do i solve this??

Deffinatly would recommend doubling the jubilees up not so bad on the couplers as they have the bead around but on the stainless pipe I've doubled both ends up, and maybe try cutting a bit more off the 45 bend mate not to much that you leave yourself short though its a case of taking it off bit by bit, not taking enough off meens the pipe is pushing out over on itself if you get me :/ haha

Can someone do me a big favour and measure the leg length from the 75 degree bend to the 45 degree bend and also the leg length after the 45 degree bend?

And is the 45 degree silicone bend at right angles to the metal pipe?

Thanks

Can't help with the measuring at the mo,but the coupler fits into the 45 degree silicone at 90 degrees if that's what you mean??

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate., managed to find an email address off Ebay and they replied straight away- picking my pipe up later today, asked them to change the od of one end too.

So if anyone else wants anything from them, I'd suggest emailing them or phone them.

Pepper performance- [email protected] 07794018031

Could someone confirm this e-mail address? Tried it and its bounced back :(

Hi carlvrs, is your fabia a asv engine code or a Blt?

I brought the exact same as you lister and put the type a coupler which is the 60mm (o,d) 51mm (I,d) and put it in the smic and all other pipes/coupler where they should be and now I have a leak between the smic and the coupler that sits in it. It's not from the silicon pipe joining, it's defiantly from in-between the joints? Don't suppose you have any idea?

Hi carlvrs, is your fabia a asv engine code or a Blt?

I brought the exact same as you lister and put the type a coupler which is the 60mm (o,d) 51mm (I,d) and put it in the smic and all other pipes/coupler where they should be and now I have a leak between the smic and the coupler that sits in it. It's not from the silicon pipe joining, it's defiantly from in-between the joints? Don't suppose you have any idea?

Did you swap the o ring over?

This is brilliant but could I just double check that it is the Type A coupler - 60mm clip side outer diameter suitable for 51mm internal diameter hose.

That is used to connect to the intercooler. It was mentioned its the type D connector with the 64mm outside for a 61mm ID hose, but I dont understand how this can be as the 45 degree bend is 51mm hose?

Going to try and replace the bottom hose as well so need 2 of these.

Thanks

has anyone had any problem with the coupler ?, to me it could do with a bit more room for the jubilee clip ?, i think part of the problem is the really bad quality hose i've bought, really soft stuff