New options for Rapid

- Xenons now available to order in CZ for around £400

- New 3 spoke steering wheel with controls on both sides (maxi dot and phone on the right, radio on the left)

- 1.6 TDI 90BHP with 5 speed manual or 7 speed DSG

- New colours: Moon White Metallic (week 48), Rio Red (week 37) Race Blue (week 33)

- "Decorative bars" on the top 2 spec levels (I presume this means chrome trim somewhere)

• Like 4

I presume the normal lights will stay the same. Here is a bit about the xenons (you might need Google translate!) They are a slightly lower power, cheaper xenon but will still offer better lighting than the standard set up:

http://auto.idnes.cz/xenony-pro-skoda-rapid-0ba-/automoto.aspx?c=A130530_154804_automoto_fdv

- Xenons now available to order in CZ for around £400

- New 3 spoke steering wheel with controls on both sides (maxi dot and phone on the right, radio on the left)

- 1.6 TDI 90BHP with 5 speed manual or 7 speed DSG

- New colours: Moon White Metallic (week 48), Rio Red (week 37) Race Blue (week 33)

- "Decorative bars" on the top 2 spec levels (I presume this means chrome trim somewhere)

Are these options confirmed for the uk market? :)

I wonder whether the decorative bar will look like the Chinese version of the Rapid?post-93216-0-86355600-1370383614_thumb.jpg

Aha, maybe. I thought it would be on the outside somewhere but maybe you are right.

I just got a Skoda Rapid, but with no rear windows controller to the driver. I found it very disappointing (I didn't notice when I test-drived the car). However, I got happy with the news that newer models would get this upgrade. Would it be possible for me to upgrade too? I hope yes!!!

Thank you!

New switch and door card probably?

I'd been keen if it was plug and play.

I was hoping it was just changing the switch (for the one with 5 buttons) and some new wiring. However, being possible, I'll just upgrade (in a Skoda authorized car workshop) if it doesn't void the warranty!!

I'll contact my seller today about this topic. Aside this detail, the car is perfect for me.

I think is a huge mistake not having controllers for the rear windows in the drivers door:(

Thank you!

I wonder whether the decorative bar will look like the Chinese version of the Rapid?post-93216-0-86355600-1370383614_thumb.jpg

and/or the Rapid Sport concept (although I guess they'd save the loud colours for the sport model!

Skoda_Rapid_Sport_2013_zive_dalsi_15_800_600.jpg

I do like that :) Although the red bits of trim on the dash look awful shiny, could cause some glare issues. Although you could fix that with shades I suppose to add to the cool B)

How about the 'softer plastics' and 'Better noise insulation', has that been confirmed yet? Seem to remember it was mentioned on another thread as a change for the new model year. Surprised they are making so many adjustments only a few months into its life, especially considering for the UK at least the spec has already been changed once so we are effectively on to the third spec for the Rapid

Week33, same as the Spaceback :)

I have to say I am getting more and more pished off by Skoda and the Rapid. :@

I'm starting to remember why to never buy the first year's production of any car.

Something I have previously done very well.

Feels like those of us willing to pay for a Rapid early in it's life and get them on the road are getting a more basic car and will miss out on all the free upgrades.

For a lot of people this is a lot of money. For a substandard car they've improved several times already.

I can't help feeling they have dropped the ball on this one and are now making changes that should have been there for day one.

Yet they are quite happy to build a cheaper to produce one and flog them off in the meantime...

Just seems wrong.

Glad I've only bought a 1.2TSI, at least it should be quiet anyway.

• Like 3

I have to say I am getting more and more pished off by Skoda and the Rapid. :@

I'm starting to remember why to never buy the first year's production of any car.

Something I have previously done very well.

Feels like those of us willing to pay for a Rapid early in it's life and get them on the road are getting a more basic car and will miss out on all the free upgrades.

For a lot of people this is a lot of money. For a substandard car they've improved several times already.

I can't help feeling they have dropped the ball on this one and are now making changes that should have been there for day one.

Yet they are quite happy to build a cheaper to produce one and flog them off in the meantime...

Just seems wrong.

Glad I've only bought a 1.2TSI, at least it should be quiet anyway.

You're right. And then, if we want those upgrades, we've got to pay for them. And we are talking about just a few months between the old and the new upgraded version.

Overall I've not found the sound deadening to be too bad (though there's certainly room for improvement)... there is one particular stretch of the M56 on my commute which is quite bad but then it always was in my Fabia too, different levels of expectation will leave differing opinions really!

I'm driving down to South Wales with my mum this weekend, that'll be a good test.

True, but the Fabia is an old car based on a chassis/floorpan that's been in use for over 13 years.

The Rapid should be a noticable improvement.

Guess I'll find out in five weeks... :D

Things like the electric window switches is just penny pinching though.

Fabia (which, let's remember is the next model down) has had all electric window switches for the driver as long as I can remember.

I'm not going to be impressed if you can't control the rear windows on my Elegance from the front.

I could in my 2010 Fabia Greenline and that was about £3000-£4000 cheaper.

Overall I've not found the sound deadening to be too bad (though there's certainly room for improvement)... there is one particular stretch of the M56 on my commute which is quite bad but then it always was in my Fabia too, different levels of expectation will leave differing opinions really!

I'm driving down to South Wales with my mum this weekend, that'll be a good test.

You're right: it's a little bit about expectation and exigency.