New options for Rapid

Yeah, I think it will brighten up the interior nicely and together with softer touch plastics should help silence some of the criticisms.

Guess they'll save the brighter colours for the dash strips for a future sport model (just like the red on the concept)

• 2 weeks later...

Xenons also need headlight washers right?

It's pretty unusual for a manufacturer to make significant changes this quickly. Nice to see Skoda responding to criticism.

yes, at least they are admitting some conceptual errors/lacks and they are trying to do it right! It's commendable!

To be legal they need washers and levelling system.

Looks good, wonder if I can retro fit :)

Not if they are below a certain power rating, which these are, just.

Not as good as full blown xenons, but cheaper (£330 option in CZ) and better than the standard lights still.

RapidRonnie, i must admit, you haven't made a good impression at me. It seems like your purpose in this forum is to make me spend all my money on Rapid accessories :rofl:

thx for the info provided! :thumbup:

now, apart from the decorative bars, i want some xenons too...

anyone noticed that the foglights are painted black in the picture?

have been thinking of doing that, but i m a bit short of money right now... it looks good!

sweet!!

hoping superskoda will be offering these upgrades quite soon (decorative bars, facsia for radio, xenon headlights and 3 spoke steering wheel).

in other words... Bye bye salary..

Totally changed the shape of the Swing Radio... silly skoda - do this from the off :/

It's not that different, just a slightly different shape and some gloss black and chrome added.

The xenon lights' luminosity falls just below the legal limit for washers and autolevelling system, so they will most likely be easily retrofittable.

Edited by sheldon_cz

new options of Rapid also announced in greek auto website (they say available since beggining of August )

http://www.newsauto.gr/2013/07/04/neos-tdi-gia-rapid/#more-24811

i know, i know, the text is all greek to you guys... :)

In the portuguese website there's nothing announced yet:( Let's wait. It would be nice if Skoda makes some  big promotions regarding these upgrades for clients who already bought theirs old Rapid's. Perfect perfect was to give us for free:);) exchanging for the "old" components of course, which are like new for now!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Rapid (Ambition, 1.2TSI, 5 speed) at the end of April, with delivery being 90 days (which I was ok with).

My car arrived at the dealer today and it has switches for front windows only on the drivers door, even though I paid additionally for rear electric windows. Must say I'm quite disapointed with them being so cheap. The only reason I paid for electric switches on the back doors was to control them from the drivers door - even the dealer at the time of ordering said that I'll get all 4 controls on the drivers door, but now said that even he is surprized to see this, because so far nobody ordered electric windows all around and on the other models you always got all 4 window control.

My car was manufactured in Week 24, and supposedly cars made after Week 22 should have control for all windows from the drivers door, doesn't seem like it?

Anyway, hope everything else will be ok.

• Like 1

I ordered a Rapid (Ambition, 1.2TSI, 5 speed) at the end of April, with delivery being 90 days (which I was ok with).

My car arrived at the dealer today and it has switches for front windows only on the drivers door, even though I paid additionally for rear electric windows. Must say I'm quite disapointed with them being so cheap. The only reason I paid for electric switches on the back doors was to control them from the drivers door - even the dealer at the time of ordering said that I'll get all 4 controls on the drivers door, but now said that even he is surprized to see this, because so far nobody ordered electric windows all around and on the other models you always got all 4 window control.

My car was manufactured in Week 24, and supposedly cars made after Week 22 should have control for all windows from the drivers door, doesn't seem like it?

Anyway, hope everything else will be ok.

Yes, I had the same "problem".  The first versions of Rapid have no rear controls on the driver's door. But the new ones, I guess from May 2013, will have those controls. It's a ridiculous "mistake" from Skoda, at least on the luxurious versions of Rapid.  Well, it's not a mistake itself, they certainly knew what they were doing! But maybe they received lots of complaints, just like mine:) I think you should contact your national Skoda/VW importer, and show that you are happy with the car, ok, but not that happy!

Edited by niant

Yes, I had the same "problem".  The first versions of Rapid have no rear controls on the driver's door. But the new ones, I guess from May 2013, will have those controls. It's a ridiculous "mistake" from Skoda, at least on the luxurious versions of Rapid.  Well, it's not a mistake itself, they certainly knew what they were doing! But maybe they received lots of complaints, just like mine:) I think you should contact your national Skoda/VW importer, and show that you are happy with the car, ok, but not that happy!

The thing is that mine was built in June, so after May 2013 and it still doesn't have these. I will talk to the dealer tomorrow and ask him to contact Skoda regarding this, I also asked him to look into replacing this control unit with a 4 window one - I know that it's not that easy, but I want them to look into this to highlight this issue to them.

The thing is that mine was built in June, so after May 2013 and it still doesn't have these. I will talk to the dealer tomorrow and ask him to contact Skoda regarding this, I also asked him to look into replacing this control unit with a 4 window one - I know that it's not that easy, but I want them to look into this to highlight this issue to them.

Ah ok, your car is from June? So yes, you should check that out. I think its necessary to also change the electronic control unit that, well, controls the windows and the other stuff like that.