Bluetooth connection and iPhone 5

Hi

I've got a 2010 Octavia vRS with the Bolero Stereo / Maxidot Display and phone controls on the steering wheel etc.

My problem is that it isn't compatible with my iPhone 5 :( So I can't use the phone or the Bluetooth audio features.

It's the standard factory fit Bluetooth unit (i presume), so do I need a new one of these? And if so where can I get one (online preferably)

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the advice Matt.

Is it a straight swap or is there anything more involved, coding etc?

Also I take it that its the model number: 3C8035730D

So could I buy this one from the UK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VW-Audi-Skoda-Seat-Bluetooth-Wi-FI-3C8035730D-1yr-WARRANTY-/221372565783?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item338ad54917

I'm not a massive fan of ebay so i'd prefer to buy from the UK!

Yes thats the model number. For me it was a straight swap, I get errors when I do a VCDS scan but everything still works as it should and no problems, took me all of 2 minutes to swap the unit over.

You wont need all those cables included in the link you sent, only the box itself and that one is quite pricey.

This module will work with the iPhone but only in basic hands free mode but not with the wifi or receiving text messages. To get the text and wifi working you need a phone that supports rSAP.

Get the basic bluetooth module if your only going to use it with an iPhone. You will be able to use the hands free and stream audio. 5K0-035-730-D is one of the modules that will work well.

Thanks SlavishSpace

I'm only going to use the phone and very occasionally the BT audio (if not at all).

If i buy the basic unit you suggested (5k0 035 730 d) will I need to get it coded or is it simple plug and play? 

According to the ebay description "This unit must be programmed to your car to enable the BLUETOOTH TO OPERATE by the main dealers or qualified technician."

I asked my local skoda dealer if there was an update to my bluetooth unit and they told me to buy a parrot!!!

Edited by Chew182

Thanks SlavishSpace

I'm only going to use the phone and very occasionally the BT audio (if not at all).

If i buy the basic unit you suggested (5k0 035 730 d) will I need to get it coded or is it simple plug and play? 

According to the ebay description "This unit must be programmed to your car to enable the BLUETOOTH TO OPERATE by the main dealers or qualified technician."

I asked my local skoda dealer if there was an update to my bluetooth unit and they told me to buy a parrot!!!

You would need to get it coded if it hasn't been pre coded I believe. If you have a look at the map of members who have VCDS many of them will help you out for a beer. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/

Thanks, i'm going to look at getting the basic 5K0-035-730-D model.

Hopefully it wont need coding but if it does i'll get in touch with one of the members.

Cheers for your help

• 10 months later...

Hi guys. Sorry to renew an old thread, but I've recently bought a 2010 Octavia L&K with Bolero and Bluetooth but doesn't work with iPhone 5s. I've checked the module currently fitted and it's a 5N0 035 730 B so was wondering how Chew182 got on and if you fitted the module you were looking at in the links above and if any recoding was needed. Thanks.

Technically they all need coding but will usuallt work without as the pre coding will usually be enough. In your case (as you will have maxidot in an L & K) I would suggest replacing with a premium 3c8 ..d module. These are now available for less than £100 on eBay and work with all phones offering premium services with phones that connect in rSap mode (not iPhones).

Yes they do and rather usefully from a different phone to that which connects for calls if you wish.  Well my son likes it anyway (not sure I do as his music taste is quite different to mine!).

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update. I fitted the 3C8...D Bluetooth module last weekend in place of the 5N0...B that was already fitted in my 2010 Octavia. It took about 20mins in total and was very straight forward. Now works perfectly with iPhone 5S for calls and music streaming with no coding or VCDS changes needed (but not sure if the eBay seller had to code any vehicle specific settings into the unit first as he asked for make model and year of vehicle). Fully integrated with Bolero and maxidot so no compromises there either. Thanks again for the advice.

• Like 1