Should all New Fabia vRS mK2 be covered by a 5 year /60000miles warranty by Skoda UK

Based on the current Customer feedback ,this should be the minimum offered in the purchase package for the New Vehicle Customer.

What are your views on this and have you recently purchased new,ordered and  or acquired a low mileage Dealer demo.

• Like 1

Yes, but further than that, 

All 2,600 or so vRS 1.4 TSI registered in the UK,

& the other 6,000 or so 180-185 ps Twinchargers from the 3 VAG manufacturers should have a 5 Year Warranty Applied now.

& anyone that already purchased an Extended Warranty, either when ordering a new car, or at the end of the original Warranty  should be refunded by the 'Volkswagen Audi Group'.

They know the Failure Rate of 1.4 TSI Twinchargers from 2009-2014 & the number they have done Consumption tests, Breather Pipe & Valve Mods, ECU Updates, Engine Rebuilds or Replacement engines fitted.

Volkswagen Audi Group, VW, Audi, Skoda, SEAT know the rate of Vehicles now over 3 years old failing,

and how many are already out of the Original Warranty or nearly and the likeilihood of these failing within the next couple of years.

Around the World some owners might only have had 2 Years Manufacturers Warranty and Engines Failing out of Warranty.

They need the Protection of an Extended Warranty from VAG.

This is not Unprecedented.

VW have had to extend the DSG Warranty in some World Regions.

Mazda had to do that with a particular Engine in some World Regions.

(Mazda RX8)

REVO Dealers were given advice on the likely issues of engines and not to do modification work on them unless all issues were resolved.

but it is really the only place you see the issues in a public form.

the 'Volkswagen Audi Group' do not appear prepared to inform car buyers & owners of the various issues with 

their Euro 5 Emission 1.4 TSI Dual Charge Engines.

• Like 1

I bought the extra 2 years warranty with mine last month to make it up to 5 years from the standard 3.  They just added it on without asking as they do at dealers to make more money lol!  I didn't argue having read some of the issues on here before buying and thought it was a worthwhile investment given the discount I got anyway.  It's on a 42 month 0% PCP so I may not have it for the full 60 months of warranty, it all depends on whether I get issues with it or not and if the space in it works out okay for us longer term.  If its a good one I may keep it and pay the bulk payment at the end.  If not I'll probably trade up to an Octavia VRS DSG estate.

• Like 1

...but for what it's worth, my last Vauxhall came with their lifetime warranty i.e. 100k miles for the first owner only which I think is a good deal.  They do HUGE discounts on new cars too, but then the cars are overpriced for what they are in my opinion and residuals are awful on them.  Kia do a good one too.  Now that cars in general are getting more reliable you'd think more manufacturers might follow suit, but it's all about the money I guess.

...but for what it's worth, my last Vauxhall came with their lifetime warranty i.e. 100k miles for the first owner only which I think is a good deal.  They do HUGE discounts on new cars too, but then the cars are overpriced for what they are in my opinion and residuals are awful on them.  Kia do a good one too.  Now that cars in general are getting more reliable you'd think more manufacturers might follow suit, but it's all about the money I guess.

And the confidence in the quality,reliability and durability of their products.

How much did you pay for the cover?

This was a new car?

I believe that five years is the norm for Japanese and Far Eastern cars, so yes VAG, Ford, Renault,  Puegeot, etc. will inevitably have to follow suit . . . eventually . . . maybe with the Mk.3? :)

Unfortunately that action, will be to little to late for the current NEW an USED troubled owners.

And the confidence in the quality,reliability and durability of their products.

How much did you pay for the cover?

This was a new car?

Agreed.

I didn't pay anything for the warranty cover with Vauxhall, its standard now on all new cars for them.

Yes, it was new.  0% 5 year finance, lifetime warranty, enormous discount etc.  They do some amazing deals, but then they have to sell in large numbers I guess, hence poor residuals.  I was quite impressed with my last Astra (latest shape).  For a 2.0 diesel it wasn't exactly quick, or frugal for that matter, but fairly comfortable, handled reasonably and looked okay ish.  Shame there are so many and they are slightly uninspiring.

That would be nice! It's my vRS's 3rd birthday in September. Still can't decide whether to get an extended warranty, change it, or take the risk.

• Like 2

Yes they definately should. I love my car but it gives me nk confidence at all. If I could afford it I would have sold it already/traded in.

Yeah, and loose even more money, on top of good already spent ,in good faith, FOR BEING  A"HAPPY CUSTOMER"

Do you remember the original sales /marketing video for the Fabia vRS- MEAN!  

What does that " Mean"? To be a "Happy"

All buzz words used by..........

Current and past owners will I'm sure give you their thoughts.

Based on the current Customer feedback ,this should be the minimum offered in the purchase package for the New Vehicle Customer.

What are your views on this and have you recently purchased new,ordered and  or acquired a low mileage Dealer demo.

It's a nice idea but I can't see skoda going for it!

If I was in charge at Skoda I wouldn't have even the slightest interest in extending warranties for free and continuing to pay out hand over fist for faulty twinchargers to be repaired and have new engines etc. I'd be counting down the days till the majority were out of the 3-yr warranty and I could effectively wash my hands of the problem. The oil use issue is VAGs dirty little secret and they are hoping to bury it. Singling out the Fabia vRS from the rest of the range for special extended warranty extension doesn't exactly send out the right PR vibes either or inspire any confidence in the product.

• Like 1

First UK 1.4 TSI CAVE are now 9 months out of warranty.

But the last where built late Summer 2012, so Skoda UK have a fair few still in Warranty until September 2015

& this week they approved a new engine for a vRS First Registered late Summer 2012,

So they will be paying out for a good while yet.

** 1000 CAVE Engines are out of Original Warranty, and 800 are still in Warranty.**

Then another 600 or more CTHE 1.4 TSI Twincharger over and above.

Possibly the new Mk3 Fabias will be on sale early 2015

& Skoda can look forward to the continuing bad publicity on how they treated previous customers.

They need to buck up their ideas a bit.

Maybe some Unhappy vRS Owners turning up at the Dealers Launch Nights for the new MK3 Fabia will get 

ALASDAIR STEWART BRAND DIRECTOR SKODA UK's attention.

No doubt the Dealerships will send out Invitations to come along and see the new product.

It should make for some interesting Magazine and Newspaper Coverage.

Currently the Motoring Press seem disinterested on VAG failures of the 

4 years winning Engine of the Year.

It's a nice idea but I can't see skoda going for it!

If I was in charge at Skoda I wouldn't have even the slightest interest in extending warranties for free and continuing to pay out hand over fist for faulty twinchargers to be repaired and have new engines etc. I'd be counting down the days till the majority were out of the 3-yr warranty and I could effectively wash my hands of the problem. The oil use issue is VAGs dirty little secret and they are hoping to bury it. Singling out the Fabia vRS from the rest of the range for special extended warranty extension doesn't exactly send out the right PR vibes either or inspire any confidence in the product.

Tom,

Understand your comments from a business aspect.

Hope you don't get high oil consumption requiring engine replacement 3years and a day after you took ownership.(unless you purchased the 5 yr cover)

Excepting you normally turnover your car inside warranty or at the end of PCP contract.

Noting! your other comment in another thread",pass it on to some unsuspecting expecting 2nd owner or garage!

Tom,

Understand your comments from a business aspect.

Hope you don't get high oil consumption requiring engine replacement 3years and a day after you took ownership.(unless you purchased the 5 yr cover)

Excepting you normally turnover your car inside warranty or at the end of PCP contract.

Noting! your other comment in another thread",pass it on to some unsuspecting expecting 2nd owner or garage!

Hi Keith,

Yep my comments are only in a "in their shoes" business perspective. As a vRS fan and owner I'd definitely be happy with a 5-yr warranty even though it would be unlikely to benefit me direct as I do indeed get bored easy and swap no later than the 3-yr mark lol!

• Like 1

Tom,

Good that you re-balanced your comments.

Think many of us are vRS fans but UNFORTUNATELY our loyalty in a QUALITY PRODUCT & MANUFACTURER has taken a big hit.

Tom,

Good that you re-balanced your comments.

No problem Keith, glad to be of service! I'd hate to think I could be responsible for Skoda denying vRS owners a 5-year warranty. Then again I've always known that I am pretty influential at Skoda/VAG. Rumour has it that "Furbytoms latest Brisky Posts" are a standing item on the agenda at their weekly strategy meeting. ;-) lol.

So come on Skoda -pull your finger out, man-up and put Customer support and satisfaction at the top of your priority list and implement a 5-yr warranty on the Fabia vRS!

• Like 1

<snip>

So come on Skoda -pull your finger out, man-up and put Customer support and satisfaction at the top of your priority list and implement a 5-yr warranty on the Fabia vRS!

As you have pointed out, Skoda are a business; they will approach things from a purely rational, commercial perspective. On that basis I cannot see ANY likelihood that they will offer a retrospective five year warranty to existing owners or even to new owners of their existing range.

Skoda must have a pretty fair idea as to how much they are having to shell out in order to rectify problems with the Mk. 2 Fabia vRS and of any significant adverse impact those problems are having on their reputation - negligible I suspect.

I imagine that the development of the CTHE engine is as far as VAG (and Skoda) are going to go in relation to the Mk. 2 Fabia vRS and other cars using the Twincharged 1.4 TSI engine.  If anyone believes otherwise, they should try smoking something else ;)

Hopefully Skoda will catch up with the Rising Sun with the Mk. 3 :wonder:

They pay more than 50% of the Build Cost of the new car on each Warranty engine replacement.

& some of the 1,800 cars sold 2010-2012 have had more than 1 replacement engine.

So that is Replacement Skoda Engines failing.

Just warranty work has cost more than the car cost to build.

AND THERE ARE 6,000 Plus VW,AUDI, & SEAT TWINCHARGERS just in the UK.

& the 4 cars are sold around the world and have the same engines failing.

So 1,000 of these in the Skoda Mk2 vRS 1.4 TSI Twincharger CAVE are now out of the 3 year Manufacturers Warranty.

800 are still in, & some of the 1,000 have Extended Warranties.

Some of the Revised from 2012, 800 CTHE Engines have been Replaced and some are failing now.

So we will see how the Volkswagen Audi Group Board and management see their reputation being effected.

One thing is it will be effected,

& the first court judgement against them will have an effect.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

'Truth in Engineering,& lets hope the Lemons we build can be swept under the carpet.'

Different era now, internet will have the truth come out and be very public.

Lets see 'Which', JD Powers, Auto Express, EVO, Autocar, Driver, VW Driver,  etc

Continue to ignore the Elephant in the room.

Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (not Volkswagen Audi Group) may lose a lot of money on the cars that need replacement engines.  I predict again that they will NOT offer a retrospective five year warranty to existing owners or to prospective owners of their existing range. I am sorry, but what seems to unfortunate affected owners like the "Elephant in the room" is a mouse to VAG, to Skoda and to the meeja.

And incidentally, Wikipedia suggests that Vorsprung durch Technik has absolutely nothing to do with the truth, it means "Advancement through technology" - i.e. award winning engines ;)

Google is fantastic. And make its translation what ever you want. Location location location. Lost in translation like bag owners manual and advertising. Squat and emotional.