EPC light after replacing air filter?

Hi everyone

Problem as stated above.  Just want to run my thoughts with you guys to see if I missed anything.

Simply replaced an air filter on a 1.4 16v Fabia I. The one that housed inside the engine cover.

I have now got a EPC light on the dashboard but the car drives as before with no issue.  I notice orginally that I didn't snap the engine cover back correctly so there is airflow into the box from the mounting features.

Since then I have assembled it correctly and took it out for a drive ~10miles to see if the ECU will adjust itself but EPC light still there. 

Double check the usual things: The air box looks fine, all the screws are in place, the single hose is attached as before and engine cover is located correctly back into the fixing.  Is it a matter of resetting the ECU or is it possible further leaks in the air box which is affecting the MAF sensor? If it's the MAF sensor issue I expect the car to not idle smoothly but car idle and drives fine.  Is it common on this vehicle that an ECU reset is required for air filter change?

Any ideas? Appreciate any feedback given.

The EPC light is not the CEL, so no code to be read and there is no MAF or vacuum pipe to disturb on a 1.4 16v, however resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery should fix it since the engine is now running too lean after the air filter change.