Drivers seat squeak

Hey

I know theres a thread somewhere on here already about this, but i cant find it anywhere.

My drivers seat squeaking. Its done it since new, but i used to be able to adjust the height lever and it would stop for a few months.

Its now gradually got worse, and i can only get a few miles before it starts squeaking again. Its starting to bug me.

Anybody else have this problem? What should i do?

The car is under warranty, as its only a year old, however im not sure the dealers would have the patience for it, and might just fob me off?

Has anybody fixed it themselves?

Thank you in advance

it might have been my thread

i did all the adjusting up and down till i was blue in the face but it never helped

my squeak came from the right side wing if that makes sense, when i sat down or pushed back it made a hell of a noise. i eventually took it to the dealers who 'lubricated' something and although its not gone altogether its miles better but i wont leave it as long next time, making sure the warranty hasn't expired

• Like 1

Oh right, and it never came back after that?

Ill do some pumping up and down on my way to leeds tomorrow evening and see what happens haha.

Cheers :)

Nope, first time I tried it, probably 2 pumps up and down, it came back a week later.  Second time, probably 5 or so up and down I've had nothing since. Not saying this will work for you, just that it did work for me.

Edited by Gumby
  • Like 1

Ill do some pumping up and down on my way to leeds tomorrow evening and see what happens haha.

Had a mate who got questioned by the police for doing this in a layby.

Think it will be even more frowned upon on the move :rofl:

• Like 1

Haha. Its surprisingly difficult mate.

I was doing it on the way to pick up a centre arm rest this evening.

Went right up, couldnt see anything cos my head was at the lining and accidentally stood on the brake cos you also go forwards at the same time dont you haha.

I did it a few times nevertheless

Unfortunately my squeak came back a few miles later :(