Few Little Bits with my vRS

So picked up my Mk1 Fabia vRS yesterday, mechanically it seems perfect.

There are however a few cosmetic bits I want to get sorted if anyone can help...

1. Rear 1/3 seat lift clip not working, cannot lift seat to to put it down.  The right side 2/3 is fine however, feels like the release handle cable has snapped.

2. Small storage box near right knee not closing fully and will open at random times.

3. Missing a couple of alloy wheel caps, does anyone know the size of these or are they a standard size fit?

Some help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to being an active member of the club :D

Stew

• Like 1

2. Small storage box near right knee not closing fully and will open at random times.

Pull the storage lid right down like this...

SS858353.jpg

Look up into the top of the recess and check that the two metal clips shown in the following pic are present and located correctly. They are the clips that keep the lid closed and they can become dislodged and sometimes even fall behind the dashboard.

untitled.jpg

• Like 1

I cannot seem to get them to fit correctly I am just slicing up my fingers trying to push them into place... Any idea on best way to fit them back in?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

EDIT:

Never mind, just going to remove lower dash this weekend (if rain stays away)

The seat does sound like the wire has come off/broken inside. Not sure how you can remove it Tbh. Try and get a flat head screwdriver in behind to release the latch. Saying that though, the seat itself blocks access. Doesn't it? Might just have to butcher the seat to get access to the inside of the mechanism. Or you could try and carefully remove the seat cover and foam in situ, then try and sort the latch. Least you can mount the foam and cover onto a standard fabia back bit then if needed.

I cannot seem to get them to fit correctly I am just slicing up my fingers trying to push them into place... Any idea on best way to fit them back in?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

EDIT:

Never mind, just going to remove lower dash this weekend (if rain stays away)

Lower dash isn't a problem to take out at all - only a few torque screws holding it in place, just make sure that when you put it back in place the 'tabs' of the panel go back behind where they should, not a big job at all though.

Ps: where are you in the Uk that it is raining!? Been bone dry up north for a good few days now, sweltering in fact!

Lower dash isn't a problem to take out at all - only a few torque screws holding it in place, just make sure that when you put it back in place the 'tabs' of the panel go back behind where they should, not a big job at all though.

Ps: where are you in the Uk that it is raining!? Been bone dry up north for a good few days now, sweltering in fact!

in manchester, but it supposed to be raining sunday, in work saturday

in manchester, but it supposed to be raining sunday, in work saturday

Well as long as you have the right size torque keys it should only take you half an hour at the most. I had to take the lower half of the drive side dash off because I dropped a clip from the centre console behind the dash... Which led to an irritating rattle. Needed smaller hands and smaller fingers to reach it ideally as it looked as though I had been self harming by the time I managed to reach the clip!!

Taking the lower dash off however, wasn't very hard. :)

JRJG

Good news!

Removed dash and put clips in correctly, refitted dash and it is is all clipping together and staying it place!

Thought whilst I am fixing things I would give the rear seat a look.

The cable has a split pin on the end which goes through a hole in the latch which then pulls the latch open when the handle is pulled.

The pin was worn and would just slip though the hole...cable tie to the rescue... wrapped a small tie round the clip and tied it tight, clipped the tail and it is perfect now!

anyone know if 56mm outer 52mm inner centre caps will fit?

I have been told that they are 55mm outer 50mm inner?

found new version badges for £12 on eBay but they only have the above size.

also is removing the rear badge easy? The badge on is peeling so was thinking of popping it off and putting on a new one.

also is removing the rear badge easy? The badge on is peeling so was thinking of popping it off and putting on a new one.

Just recently replaced mine. I just gently prised it off, they are stuck on pretty good though. You could warm up the badge with a hairdryer which might help soften the glue.

My badges had gone blue. lol

SS858248.jpg