Standard window tint?

Does anyone know if the vRS has a tint to the windows as standard and if so how much?

I'm now looking into tinting my windows to fit with the rest of the "murdered-out" theme and obviously don't want to over-do my front side windows, for risk of being illegal. If they're already tinted, I just need to work out the maths.

(I'm not touching the windscreen).

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, they are grey tinted although not sure of the percentage. Rear you can tint as dark as you like, but the front must let 75% of light through and windscreen must not be tinted any further. Any tint on the front is likely to attract unwanted attention and could lead to being stopped regularly.

• Like 1

My memory tells me factory tint was 30% but that doesn't sound right.

I did mine 50%/65%/80% front to back.

The car never had a UK MOT though :D

In NZ it's illegal to tint any windows in a normal passenger car but it has passed every warrant of fitness test so far :)

• Like 1

Excellent, thanks guys. I'm getting 20% for the rears and I'll see how it looks... if the fronts look out of place then I might go 5 or 10% just to fade it in a little.

Not fussed about being pulled - the car is extreme anyway, so my chances of seeing blue lights are massive :p

I've got limo tints on the rear Windows and a fairly dark tint to the fronts. The fronts are dark enough that it made me paranoid of getting pulled, but haven't since I bought the car a year ago.