Installing cabin alarm

Dear all,

after theft in my car (and a missing sat nav), I would like to install the cabin alarm, which I think is the part number: 1Z0951171A

Does any of you have a guide how to install and programm the unit?

My car does already have an alarm going off when the door is opened manually with the key (and the key is not inserted in the car) or if you unplug a trailer while the car is locked. It also have the alarm switches between the front and rear door.

I hope you are able to help me!

The Octavia already has a full alarm with cabin sensors, if you look on the pillar between your drivers door and rear passenger door there is a button that disables them for a single use. If that button is there you already have the sensors.

In the UK most car alarms tend to be ignored anyway, so it may well have gone off when the satnav was stolen and just ignored or you slept through it.

Well thats also what my instruction manual says, however, I cannot activate the alarm. E.g. If I sit in the car and lock it, the alarm should go off after a couple of minutes, but it does not! So I dont think I have the cabin sensor detecting movement. Otherwise I have no idea how to use it.

I would have heard the alarm, its less than 5 meter from my bedroom window, and when the alarm is on (if I activate it as describe above) all my neighbourgs complain about it!

As said above you should already have it as part of the alarm setup.

If you look where the interior light is (and sunglasses holder if fitted), there should be 3 slotted vents.

The internal sensors are located behind the slots in the vents, could be a case of them being unplugged at some point.

Might be worth just checking that.

Dear John,

I know what you mean. I must admit I havent looked for the sensor, I just assumed that it wasnt there, since it didnt work properly, but I will take a look later today. Thanks.