Fitting Yeti stainless steel pedal kit ...

triple7

Anybody done this? Easy job?

I think the clutch and brake pedals are straightforward - pop the rubber covers off and replace with the SS covers? Is that right?

The accelerator pedal however - am I right in saying you actually need to change the pedal ?

Again, easy job for a DIY numpty?

I keep reading about a tool that's needed to release the pedal ... Can't see any on eBay - are they dealer only?

You do indeed change the complete accelerator pedal assembly.

One Torx screw to remove then two plastic clips to release (when you've found them) and then an electric plug. Clips can be released with a well aimed narrow flat blade screwdriver.

I must have some pictures somewhere - I'll dig them out later.

Edit to add, email crossed with Kenny R's - I'm a bit more subtle with the screwdriver than in the video....!

Failed so far to find any pictures of my pedal swops, apologies.

When you get the new pedal assembly, you'll see the two plastic clips that need to be released.

After removing the Torx screw blank and screw, all you have to do is dive down through the carpet at the pedal base with the screwdriver(s) and flick the clips.

Pull the assembly away a short distance and twist it round so you can access the plug.

Electric plug has a locking mechanism that needs sliding then the plug pulls off.

Fitting the new one is the reverse but just clicks into place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have fitted these and very happy with the looks and feel,but it seems such a waste that u have to throw away (keep in garage to gathering dust)a perfectly good throttle pedal assy ,when a simple cover as the clutch and brake could have been used,like Kia ,not quite the same quality but half the price and did the job.

They look much better. I have the L&K and I had thought that the stainless steel covers would have come fitted as standard but no they did'nt. I bought the throttle and brake and clutch covers from skoda later. The only stainless steel cover I can find for the footrest is for lefthand drive cars only.

Does anybody know where I can buy righthand ss covers?

PS I am at Mitchell's Skoda at the moment. Having problems with DAB radio reception and GPS map freezing up.They suspect the Antenna may be at fault. They also mentioned that if a large capacity SD card is being kept in the Columbus this can also causes map freezing etc. I will let you know the outcome later.

They look much better. I have the L&K and I had thought that the stainless steel covers would have come fitted as standard but no they did'nt. I bought the throttle and brake and clutch covers from skoda later. The only stainless steel cover I can find for the footrest is for lefthand drive cars only.

Does anybody know where I can buy righthand ss covers?

PS I am at Mitchell's Skoda at the moment. Having problems with DAB radio reception and GPS map freezing up.They suspect the Antenna may be at fault. They also mentioned that if a large capacity SD card is being kept in the Columbus this can also causes map freezing etc. I will let you know the outcome later.

I would too like too know if there is a RHD Yeti dead pedal cover out there that I could purchase

Ive seen VW ones that will fit but was wondering if there is the RHD one like the LHD one

I'm sure someone on here found that a Golf "dead pedal" cover fitted.

Cheers Graham. I did get a "Metal Golf Dead pedal Plate" http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-BORA-MK4-GTI-GT-FOOTREST-R32-TURBO-EXCLUSIVE-OEM-STYLE-BLACK-RUBBER-/171062859478?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d42416d6

It was the closest thing I could get to the LHD Skoda one. Was just hoping there was a RHD version