Power windows - driver side problems

Alexandru

Since I've got my car, the driver side window has a mind of it's own when trying to lower it. If the button is pushed all the way down, sometimes nothing happens // usually when it is cold outside. If the button is pressed halfway down, sometimes the window is working and it starts lowering. In this case, it's not going all the way down, but it's going something like 1inch, pauses for a a second or two, then it is working again for a short distance etc. Vcds doesn't log any error codes about any electrical faults or comfort unit related ones. This summer, for the last 3 months or so, it worked fine. The window is going up with no problems each and every time. Should I replace the control button?

Yup its starting to work at least. I bought it one year ago, as my first car, a 14 years old one with 100.000 miles on the clock. It's got a few faults, nothing to say, I not sure how well it has been treated by the previous owner, but I'm doing my best here and I am still finding new things.

Edited by Alexandru

Try opening the windows by using the key in the door lock - open the car with key in the door,  but hold the key in the open position, and the windows will drop (or should drop).

u can also close the windows if you lock the car with the key in the door lock, by holding the key in the lock position

Doing this will show you whether or not the windows are working as they should,   and if they are working fine,  then it would be time to change the window switch.

I had to replace mine (the car was about 10years old by that time).    The electric window switch on drivers side is actually also the central locking button too,   so that entire part costs about £27 from Skoda

Since I've got my car, the driver side window has a mind of it's own when trying to lower it. If the button is pushed all the way down, sometimes nothing happens // usually when it is cold outside. If the button is pressed halfway down, sometimes the window is working and it starts lowering. In this case, it's not going all the way down, but it's going something like 1inch, pauses for a a second or two, then it is working again for a short distance etc. Vcds doesn't log any error codes about any electrical faults or comfort unit related ones. This summer, for the last 3 months or so, it worked fine. The window is going up with no problems each and every time. Should I replace the control button?

Take a look in the free stuff section :P