Cv boots and jubilee clips

AshVrs

Are any of you guys running jubilee clips on your outer cv boots?

I've been struggling with the metal ties and was going to use a jubilee clip but I've found there doesn't appear to be enough clearance between the cv joint/end of the drive shaft and the hub for the screw bit of the jubilee clip to rotate round. Is there any way around this? Or am I just being thick? Lol

Thanks in advance.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Thanks mate. Your quite right, I'm struggling because I haven't got the right pliers to pinch the bands tight enough. I've got one on order so cable ties are going to be my interim. Thanks for the bit of reassurance this will work as a temporary measure lol :-)

Well off to screw fix this morning for some 9mm wide cable ties. A combination of pulling with pliers and poking with a screw driver has got the cable tie as tight as I can get it. Had to dress down the clip part of the tie with a dremel as there still wasn't enough clearance to let it rotate past the hub. Will see how it lasts!