Please anyone local that could help me

furbyPD100

Hi people

My fabia has recently developed a knock from the front passenger side and for the life of me I can not find what it is, happens when you turn right or even just knocks for no reason when you go in a straight line, and tends to be more apparent with more weight in the car

recently changed the antiroll bar links and bottom ball joint and it's still there, my anti roll bar feels solid but I haven't taken both links off and tried it without to see if it's loose, had the car up on my mates mot ramp and shook it and he and I could not see a thing,

Please is there anyone local that would get in my car and listen to the noise to shed some light on this for me I'm I sidcup kent and don't mind a little drive

Cheers Chris

Edited by furbyPD100

Hhhhmmm recently change the passenger side outer cv as well and the inner was perfect so can't see it being that, took both anti roll bar links off this evening and had a good pull of the anti roll bar and it's solid no movement left n right and nice n tight up n Down

Hhhhmmm recently change the passenger side outer cv as well and the inner was perfect so can't see it being that, took both anti roll bar links off this evening and had a good pull of the anti roll bar and it's solid no movement left n right and nice n tight up n Down

Lower ball joint?
  • Like 1

I honestly thought It was the bottom ball joint, so changed it and nothing still knocking

And the cv I had to change as mine was stuck in my hub when I wheel bearing went so changed it and did the bottom ball joint at the same time and it made no difference lol starting to really do my head in lol

Starting to wonder if it shock knock? Or could top mount do this? But I've even gone to extremes lol and sat on my slam panel with my bonnet open while my cuz has drove my car in my yard to see if my top mounts are moving and nothing looked solid

Bits I've done so far are: arb links, bottom ball joint, outer cv, A arm front a Bushes, console poly bushes, I've checked arb bushes, track rod ends, and there fine

Edited by furbyPD100

Ide say shock suspension issue escpecially if it's everywhere u go turnin straight over humps etc etc. For what it worth try swapping them round on the front then if faults coming from the left presto that's your issue if not at least it's ruled out

Hi people guess what found the f**king noise/knock,

got to work and parked my car on a slope sideway and as I got out I heard the knock and I opened my bonnet and bounced on one side of the car and it's my antiroll bar bush squeaking!!! but in the car I sounds like a knock, so I absolutely covered them in ptfe spray grease and ordered some new ones from euros, for the sake of £6 quid I might aswell change em but after me spraying grease on em instantly the noise has gone lol

Honestly cannot believe what it was lol

Thanks tho everyone

• Like 1