Votes for brake discs .... which make do you like?

CRC

The time has come to bite the bullet and replace them all (with pads).

Seems like there's a wealth of different suppliers out there .... EBC, Pagid, Eicher, Brembo, Bosch etc, and the prices vary depending on the promotions at the time.

Please could you tell me which ones you've used and how you've found them.

Thanks.

I've used Pagid Discs/Pads all-round when i replaced mine 2 years ago. Really happy with the performance for 'standard' - to the point that my dad recently got out of his 2012 Octavia 2 FL Estate (2.0TDi CR L&L) and drove mine and said the brakes felt better than his!! :o:mmm::rock:

• Like 1

For discs anything will do that is steel, runs true and does not rust from just looking at it, to be honest for the last 4 sets of very hard EBC yellow pads I have used standard Febi and TRW discs, and they worked quite well. Whatever you buy, avoid "premium" alloy discs, they are lighter but brake less, fade faster and eat pads more.

Pads matter more IMHO, EBC Yellows work extremely well for me, good braking and no fade, so long as you use uprated DOT4 fluid (not DOT5.1 on this car, it'll make clutch squeak).

Delphi discs don't have a treated hub so do rust visibly (have them on the front). Pagid on the back are treated and are cheap as chips. I will use Pagid again if I get to needing new discs again (not likely, I almost never brake!)

• 2 weeks later...

I am not going for EBC again, they rust like it's going out of fashion!

I have a recent experience with Meyle Platinum that I installed on my mum Mercedes, and they are ace.  They rust slowly (days rather than hours) and the painted hub stays silver/mint looking good through quite open alloy wheels.

EBC pads are OK though in my opinion, and used them on the Merc as well as my Skoda's front axle.

Pagid are great value and non service areas are painted so they look good for ages.

I'll be using them exclusively from now on for my cars vans etc.

Got them on the Fiat 500 currently. Get the matching pads though so they wear/function as the 

manufacturer intends.