Recommended products for water beading on wind screen/windows?

ang9444

I use a product called Enduroshield, works much like aquapel but is long lasting. my last application was 13 months ago and water still beads up very nicely on my sunroof and side windows http://www.enduroshield.com/

waaay over budget lol, got RainX and so far so good, don't mind reapplying it every 2-3 months anyway

went for rain X in the end and it's well worth the money, BOGOF as well for £6.99, will probably last me a while so definitely happy with it, rained an hour after I applied it and didn't even have to use my wipers at all lol

where is it BOGOF at the mo?

Rain x is perfect, you need to apply properly, once car washed and screen really clean and dry, then apply rain x sparingly with a clean dry cloth, work into glass, then when dry sprinkle clean water all over screen, not a lot, finaly with some kitchen roll polish off the water to a clear dry finish, screen will bead off water for about a month to 6 weeks depends on mileage or how often rewashed,

• Like 1

Rain x is perfect, you need to apply properly, once car washed and screen really clean and dry, then apply rain x sparingly with a clean dry cloth, work into glass, then when dry sprinkle clean water all over screen, not a lot, finaly with some kitchen roll polish off the water to a clear dry finish, screen will bead off water for about a month to 6 weeks depends on mileage or how often rewashed,

Not that perfect when other products give 3-6 months for no more effort.

Suggest before any glass sealant is applied that an IPA wipe will leave the screen cleaner than washing alone.

• Like 1

I like rainx. I always apply with a rubber glove, that way you don't lose any liquid into the dry cloth. I think the cloth is an idea the manufacturers tell you so it runs out quicker!

Just thoroughly rub it into the glass, allow to dry then polish off with kitchen towel. Always works a charm for me.

• Like 1

where is it BOGOF at the mo?

it was in Halfords, check the website first cos the offer was on in store as well but they didn't put anything up saying it was BOGOF so I just asked and they said yeah it is

I like rainx. I always apply with a rubber glove, that way you don't lose any liquid into the dry cloth. I think the cloth is an idea the manufacturers tell you so it runs out quicker!

Just thoroughly rub it into the glass, allow to dry then polish off with kitchen towel. Always works a charm for me.

never thought of that lol will try it next time I apply it