bit of an odd one tonigjt

Hi guys

On my way home tonight I stopped at a cross roads, went to accelerate and the car bogged down abit and threw out a cloud of smoke (think it was white but couldn't really see that well because it was dark) now my car has been making a funny vacuum cleaner noise like the diverted valve is opening before there is even any boost, it happens only in 1st gear when I set off and it gets higher as u press the throttle then it sounds like it starts holding boost again even though I'm not actually on the boost (its hard to describe) could it be the pcv valve leaking and its dumped a load of oil in the turbo or exhaust? I was driving like a Grandad the rest of the way home then I pulled over and on idle there is no smoke, when I rev it there's no smoke and when I'm on boost there is no smoke ( its only happened when I got the vacuum cleaner noise)

Thanks for any suggestions

I do have a little leak from the drivers side intercooler pipe. Think it needs a new green gasket thingy. Its a really odd one. Would i get a plume of smoke from the clutch? It was replaced about 2 years ago. I've been trying to replicate it and so far it hasn't happened again