Nexus 5 Phone in Fabia vRS

zom414

Can I use my Nexus 5 phone via bluetooth in my (2013) Fabia vRS?  I've tried to pair it but nothing shows up on the display in the car so I don't know if it's not seeing it or it's not compatible.  I'm running my phone at stock with Lollipop id that's any help.  Do I have to have it set in a specific cradle or anything?  Never used a mobile via bluetooth in a car before.

As long as your car actually as Bluetooth in it yes your phone will work with the car

The manual says it does but nothing happens when I click search on the console.  Has anyone else here got it set up with a Nexus 5 phone?

What do you mean "the manual says it does" ? Bluetooth is an extra and I don't recall any documentation on the BT functionality. I was briefly told how it works from the salesman when I bought the car and found the rest on my own. There is no mention of it in the User's Manual unless I'm forgetting something.

For a new phone, I would set both the car and the phone looking for new devices, one of them beats the other and a message pops up both on car's maxidot and on the phone. On the later, try 1234 or 0000 as passcode, then they get paired and that's basically all there's to it. Remember to tick "dont ask again" for phonebook access when you get asked. Then every time you turn ignition on (engine can be off) and the phone is nearby it will automatically connect to the car.

Do you see Bluetooth appearing as an option in your Maxidot menu? (Long press  the upper button on the right hand inidcator stalk to exit any sub-menu, then press once more briefly).

Usually when you try to pair a phone up with the car it should display a 4 digit code for you to type into your phone,if that's not happening then maybe take it to the dealer and get them to look at it.

What do you mean "the manual says it does" ? Bluetooth is an extra and I don't recall any documentation on the BT functionality. I was briefly told how it works from the salesman when I bought the car and found the rest on my own. There is no mention of it in the User's Manual unless I'm forgetting something.

For a new phone, I would set both the car and the phone looking for new devices, one of them beats the other and a message pops up both on car's maxidot and on the phone. On the later, try 1234 or 0000 as passcode, then they get paired and that's basically all there's to it. Remember to tick "dont ask again" for phonebook access when you get asked. Then every time you turn ignition on (engine can be off) and the phone is nearby it will automatically connect to the car.

Do you see Bluetooth appearing as an option in your Maxidot menu? (Long press  the upper button on the right hand inidcator stalk to exit any sub-menu, then press once more briefly).

Page 98 of my manual says it does use bluetooth for mobile phones and yes it does pop up on my maxidot to pair a phone but it doesn't seem to pick mine up (and yes bluetooth is switched on).  It mentions the 1234 passcode in the manual, I'll have another bash at doing it tomorrow in the daylight.

BT ON alone isn't good, you need to enable visibility of the phone as well, it usually lasts 2 min and then turns off even if BT is ON all the time, I suppose you are aware of that though?

Yep, everything is on but couldn't see it in the car.  Like I said, I'll try again tomorrow.

Ok, let us know. It has never given me any trouble and I've tried all kinds of android phones and even a, generally useless, iphone... Haven't yet tried any Lollipop device though if that's got anything to do with it.

I tried again this morning and still can't connect.  I've got the phone search on the maxi dot, BT is switched on on my phone and I can see the Skoda BT but when I click on it nothing happens.  It doesn't find anything or give me the option to input a code of any kind.  Not going to waste any more time on it though.  I never answer my phone when I'm driving anyway, there's nothing that can't wait till I get to my destination.

As I said before can you access the bluetooth settings on the maxidot and check what mode it's in?

Phil

Sorry, missed that before!  Where does it tell you what mode it's in?  I'll have a look in a bit and see if I can find it.

Well I had a play about this weekend and it's now paired and I can use it.  No idea what I did any different from when I was trying to pair if before but something happened so I just enter the code and off I go.  I'll probably never use it now :)