How do you delete old phone from Maxidot?

Taximark

Just bought a superb and I'm trying to delete the old owners phones (he appeared to have 4 stored) but every time I try to 'delete' them it's says 'unable to delete and phone that is in use'?

You need to do it via the Columbus.... Go into the settings then phone and select "factory default" and that will delete all previous phones. ;)

Cheers mate, appreciated, it's all new to me this and it's much different from my previous Honda, but have to say this, it's my first Skoda and to totally wipes the Honda away.

No worries.... Give me a shout if you need any more advice... I had to do it myself with mine and what i said was from memory but i'm sure that's how to do it.

Good to see yet another Sheffield member too. ;)

• Like 2

No worries.... Give me a shout if you need any more advice... I had to do it myself with mine and what i said was from memory but i'm sure that's how to do it.

Good to see yet another Sheffield member too. ;)

Just seen your location, Hillsborough here.

Edited by Taximark

Thanks for that, I went into the phone menu via the columbus and the only option I had was to restore factory settings so restored it, now all the previous phones have been deleted.

I only found out that it can play dvds too, but in the columbus hand book it says it has the option to receive TV  however, on the system this option is darkened out, anyone know why, or even how to get TV stations or is this only an option in another country.  

The TV is only fitted in the L&K spec I believe but may have been an option on other models?

Yeah the DVD keeps the little 'un occupied in supermarket car parks. ;)

Such I shame that, is it a better system in that then?

No, It's the same Columbus system in the L&K, just with the TV tuner added. In Ireland, the TV tuner doesn't actually come with the L&k- we have to pay silly money to have it as an option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I went into the phone menu via the columbus and the only option I had was to restore factory settings so restored it, now all the previous phones have been deleted.

Restore factory settings on the Columbus should not be necessary. I have deleted phones from my carkit quite a few times, and do not remember that this was very difficult. I could do this simply via the Maxidot.

Restore factory settings on the Columbus should not be necessary. I have deleted phones from my carkit quite a few times, and do not remember that this was very difficult. I could do this simply via the Maxidot.

I tried to remove phones via maxidot myself earlier this year on a couple of occasions and it would only allow me to remove the phone that was currently connected not one's that weren't. The only way the car would let me do it was via the Columbus.