Winter comfy wheels on

Ant FR

Well i had these  Mk1 VRS wheels and winter tyres up for sale on here as i was not happy with how scruffy they were.  They were hand rattle can painted by the previous owner but i only paid £250 for them so it was ok and the tyres are brand new winters.  After a couple of messers with selling them a mate said he could get them fully refurbished and power coated for about 150, so i though stuff it.  Got them done in satin black and fitted them today, got to say i was surprised how well they look.  Oh and the ride is a lot nicer than the 17's.  So i am now fully ready for all the snow we will see on out Christmas trip to the house in germany, bring it on.  Oh and as a result of this i think i may get the 17's done in black too as it looks better than the white on white.

2049FA60-6D06-4E92-8F67-90E415E71804.jpg

DDADF113-A492-4486-807E-359609479573.jpg

• Like 2

The same Circumference is not a requirement when fitting Volkswagen Group Winter wheel fitment because the tyres might be for use 

other than in the UK,

say you are taking your car to a Mainland Europe Country and may have to use chains,

then the tyres on might well be what VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi recommend for using with chains on.

Edited by goneoffSKi

The same Circumference is not a requirement when fitting Volkswagen Group Winter wheel fitment because the tyres might be for use

other than in the UK,

say you are taking your car to a Mainland Europe Country and may have to use chains,

then the tyres on might well be what VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi recommend for using with chains on.

But a similar circumference is required if you want your speedo and mileage to be accurate?

Similar, yes not identical,

some of us already run slightly larger tyres on and have Speedos that are more accurate but do not under reading.

The Size in the Owners manuals for use with chains is slightly less total diameter/rolling circumference.

& Steel wheels recommended not Alloy, and we are all in the EU.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

Edited by goneoffSKi

Otaylor38,

how is it in Buxton today?

Housebound, or taking the bike out?

About a foot of snow mate.

Car wont move. Most roads into the town are closed or not passable.

I wanted to go order some all season tyres too. But i cant get there, cos I've got summer tyres on lol.

At the pub last night and many people were coming in asking for rooms. Plenty got into the town but nobody could get out.

Nice day for a blast on the bike. Oh wait. ;).

Have you got it bad up there George?

• Like 1

Beautiful here.  'Forfar'

Looking at the snow covered Cairngorm tops covered 20 miles away, but no snow here up till now.

-2 was the warmest yesterday, and sunny,

& -5 when light this morning but hoar frost.

Frozen Fog moving in now though and -1.5*oC & just starting to snow.

Only going to be flurries of snow, nothing much.

http://trafficscotland.org/weatherstations

Edited by goneoffSKi

Beautiful here. 'Forfar'

Looking at the snow covered Cairngorm tops covered 20 miles away, but no snow here up till now.

-2 was the warmest yesterday, and sunny,

& -5 when light this morning but hoar frost.

Frozen Fog moving in now though and -1.5*oC & just starting to snow.

Only going to be flurries of snow, nothing much.

http://trafficscotland.org/weatherstations

You never know, what we had might be moving north towards you?

Just ordered the tyres over the phone. Winner.