snow or not!?!?!

No snow here in the South West.

Be careful with all that snow on the roof, if you have to brake sharply it can slide down over the screen and obscure your view. You should as a minimum clear the screen, side windows and roof of snow as much as possible before driving off.

• Like 2

No snow here in the South West.

Be careful with all that snow on the roof, if you have to brake sharply it can slide down over the screen and obscure your view. You should as a minimum clear the screen, side windows and roof of snow as much as possible before driving off.

Thats good advice :thumbup: .

On many occasions been following cars etc (at a safe distance)  when the "mobile ski slope" on their roof decides to slide off rearwards and throw a cloud of snow up into the air plus dump a ridge of snow on the road.

Edited by Silver Bullet

Thats good advice :thumbup: .

On many occasions been following cars etc (at a safe distance)  when the "mobile ski slope" on their roof decides to slide off rearwards and throw a cloud of snow up into the air plus dump a ridge of snow on the road.

Or you think it's snowing and it is in fact the snow getting broken up and blown off the car infront.  Only had sleet by the way, the wind is vicious though.  Been waiting to refit my upper brace for 2 days but I'm not risking jacking up in this, the bonnet will be like a parachute.

I fitted my upper strut brace with the car on the ground with wheels on, turned steering lock to lock for clearance each side .

Not easy I admit, but can be done, a light in the wheel arch is essential.

Marked out the holes, drilled for M10 x 35 long bolts, placed bolt head in socket, added extension bars as i fed it upwards until bolt went thru' drilled hole, added washer / nylock nut, tightened, done.

DriverSide.jpg  

Edited by Silver Bullet

I fitted my upper strut brace with the car on the ground with wheels on, turned steering lock to lock for clearance each side .

Not easy I admit, but can be done, a light in the wheel arch is essential.

Marked out the holes, drilled for M10 x 35 long bolts, placed bolt head in socket, added extension bars as i fed it upwards until bolt went thru' drilled hole, added washer / nylock nut, tightened, done.

DriverSide.jpg

Yeah I'd fitted it, just took it off to treat a few spots of surface rust before they became a problem. It was terrible wind just for having the bonnet up. Refitting will be fine, still got no idea how you did it with the car on the ground lol, are you Inspector Gadget in a cunning disguise?

• Like 1

Nah lol i just dont like to admit defeat,

I did rest an ispection lamp on the top of the strut (in engine compartment) so when you looked up inside the wheel arch you could see light coming thru' the 3 holes + lots of swearing as well.

Edited by Silver Bullet