pic request - vrs estate lowered 30mm and 50mm on springs.

Had very high quality coilovers on my MkII GOlf G60 and they were absolutely awful for anything other than trackdays and going round corners. So uncomfortable and jarring. Switched to Koni full adjustable shock and the original springs and it made the car outstanding.

Am I right in thinking the H&R -50mm springs will lower the vRS estate 30mm?

However the -30mm Eibach kit that was a dealer option will lower the vRS 30mm?

The H&R, yes only lowers a vRS about 30mm as its already lower than a stock octavia.

Eibach, only lowers 30mm on non-vrs models.  For a vRS it'll lower about a further 10-15mm.

Will be fitting these tomorrow along with a few other repairs!

Eibach Pro Kit

2 x ARB drop links

O/S/F wheel bearing

rear pads

gonna be a busy bugger!

• Like 1

How come your removing your coilovers? By the way the 30mm pi springs above are vrs specific. The same drop as 50mm h&r

I'm removing them because they're a bit crashy and for my daily commute they are fine but when i pop into town and go over speed bumps its just a bit to hard core for me!

Making a start today, is it worth taking pics and documenting this?

• Like 1

Well I didnt manage to get any pics (Phone died lastnight) but I managed to get it all done, will give it a quick clean up and post some pics later on.

The ride is greatly improved, actually handles bumps now without me loosing any teath :clap:  

The ride hight is only slightly up from what I had it set to on the coilovers so I'm happy with the look of it!

Whilst it was in bits I removed the drivers side hub and replaced the wheel bearing in the hope it cured the rumble I had coming from the passenger footwell and........ TA DA it cured it! so again win win!

I will bang some pics up later and list the tools required for the job.

• Like 1