Vibrations in neutral and knocking sounds

Was wondering if someone here knows what's going on. I have MK2 1.9 TDi with DSG, and I noticed recently that when I put the car in neutral (or park), I will get some vibrations in the car. It's fine when I start up, I usually notice it when the engine is warm. The vibrations will stop if I put in drive or reverse. I can also hear low knocking noise coming from front right or middle of the car (I have a left hand drive). That noise comes randomly, both in neutral and drive.

A scan with VCDS came up empty.

Not good, if that's the case. Would you get vibrations from the DMF in neutral?

Yes, a failing DMF is often more noticeable in neutral, often as a rattle but this can become a vibration.

It always annoys me when low mileage dsg motors suffer DMF problems, surely the software running the clutches and gearbox should be programmed to protect the DMF not destroy it. I have 131k on my manual with no DMF issues, if I can drive a car without killing a DMF why can't skoda software?

Did some more research on this and the knocking sound could come from the fan. Tested that just now, and when I turn the fan off or put it in recirc, the noise stops. Would it be hard to replace the fan?

I still have the vibrations though, but I'm gonna have the car serviced next week and I'll ask them to have look at it. I bought the car a couple of months ago, and the dealer I bought it from gave me a 1 year warranty. So if the DMF is failing, it's better for it to happen now I guess. I believe replacing it would be about £2-3000 (in Norway that is).

Did some more research on this and the knocking sound could come from the fan. Tested that just now, and when I turn the fan off or put it in recirc, the noise stops. Would it be hard to replace the fan?

I still have the vibrations though, but I'm gonna have the car serviced next week and I'll ask them to have look at it. I bought the car a couple of months ago, and the dealer I bought it from gave me a 1 year warranty. So if the DMF is failing, it's better for it to happen now I guess. I believe replacing it would be about £2-3000 (in Norway that is).

About £700 supply and fit Inc VAT