2.0 TSI estate wanted

I'm looking at moving up from my current 59 plate Octavia 1.4TSI to a Superb 2.0TSI estate but can only find one for sale at Lookers of Guildford.

It seems expensive though as it's a March 2012 reg Elegance DSG in platin grey with 32000miles. They're asking £15950.

Can anyone advise me on any others for sale and/or any useful info about the 2.0 TSI version. I don't want a diesel and I like the idea of 200bhp. My budget is 12-15K

Used car (usedcarexpert) price range is £14400-16600 but does not qualify the DSG gearbox. So seems about right.

Edited by Danny 57

Good luck on finding a selection of those hugely rare motors the 3.6 v6 is easier to find and there are'nt many of them around as the owners keep hold of them.

I have a look most days for a used 2.0 or 3.6 on Auto trader etc etc, and I think I have come across a couple of 2.0 Hatch versions in a year the later was an ex demo plus one owner 20 odd thousand miles at £14.5k if my memory serves me right so for an estate the price Lookers are after seems bout right.

Happy hunting these mythical motors.

Good luck on finding a selection of those hugely rare motors the 3.6 v6 is easier to find and there are'nt many of them around as the owners keep hold of them.

I have a look most days for a used 2.0 or 3.6 on Auto trader etc etc, and I think I have come across a couple of 2.0 Hatch versions in a year the later was an ex demo plus one owner 20 odd thousand miles at £14.5k if my memory serves me right so for an estate the price Lookers are after seems bout right.

Happy hunting these mythical motors.

I didn't realize that I drive a myth, thought it was a Skoda.

Might change it for a Superb 3, but it would have to be another 2.0 TSi, if they are desirable I might be better off selling it privately rather than accepting

a dealer trade-in offer, probably accompanied by a "no one wants a petrol, so we can't give you much for it" comment.

DC 

• Like 1

I'm looking at moving up from my current 59 plate Octavia 1.4TSI to a Superb 2.0TSI estate but can only find one for sale at Lookers of Guildford.

It seems expensive though as it's a March 2012 reg Elegance DSG in platin grey with 32000miles. They're asking £15950.

Can anyone advise me on any others for sale and/or any useful info about the 2.0 TSI version. I don't want a diesel and I like the idea of 200bhp. My budget is 12-15K

More likely to around 211 ps, Skoda tend to under-quote the 2.0 TSi, when compared to VW.

If that's not enough, app. 250 ps  is  possible from a decent remap.

DC 

Good luck with your search. Last time I looked there were only 119 registered in the UK. I have had mine since new and covered 17000 happy miles but won't be selling for another six months, so can't help you.

It was the four exhausts that persuaded me to go for the 2 litre rather than the 1.8

They really are a "superb" motor.

Used car (usedcarexpert) price range is £14400-16600 but does not qualify the DSG gearbox. So seems about right.

FYI they only made the 2 litre with DSG. There was not a manual option.

@ronniebarker - any questions,just ask away.

FYI they only made the 2 litre with DSG. There was not a manual option.

@ronniebarker - any questions,just ask away.

You learn some fink every day.

Supposed to be a smiley face but my iPad does not like emnicons on this site

Edited by Danny 57

The Zee - I presume that your very happy with the choice of 2.0TSI over either the 1.8 or diesel versions.

What have been the pro's and cons of 200bhp+ ownership?

If I'm still looking for the right car in six months time, would you please get in touch when you're looking to sell

Last time I looked there were only 119 registered in the UK.

Latest figures from How Many Left? suggest a total of 144 (114 Elegance and 30 L&K)

Less than I thought as the headline numbers for the Elegance TSI S-A (DSG) include the 1.8 engine

Another very happy owner here. 35,000 miles and only problem has been a stuck fuel filler cap door fixed under warranty.

The Zee - I presume that your very happy with the choice of 2.0TSI over either the 1.8 or diesel versions.

What have been the pro's and cons of 200bhp+ ownership?

If I'm still looking for the right car in six months time, would you please get in touch when you're looking to sell

For sure when I am ready to sell I will p.m. you first. If you manage to find a suitable car in the meantime, get it, you will not be disappointed.

Well I have had my Estate for two and a half years so feel able to post a long term review. I purchased the 2.0 petrol with DSG as standard. It has now covered 17,000 trouble free miles. If I had been interested in fuel consumption I would have gone for the diesel, but as I am not and prefer petrol that was the chosen route. I get mid twenties around town and mid thirties on a run. I considered the 3.6 V6 because I liked the look of the four exhausts, but the difference in the 0-60 is only a couple of seconds so did not think the extra cost of running it was worth it. The higher top speed is irrelevant as is the four wheel drive as I have a winter 4x4 runaround. The plus of the 2.0 over the 1.8 (for me)  is the 2.0 has the four exhausts. The price was good so was able to spec it up a bit with heated front screen, tinted glass, spare wheel, connection for iPod, heated screen washers, wood trim, KESSY and panoramic sunroof. Items like heated and electric front seats are standard of course. I settled on Amythyst Purple with the Ivory Leather. I wanted a light colour but did not want to go down the grey route. A far as I am concerned it was a good choice and the Ivory interior really looks quite classy.

The only issue that irritated me from day one was the standard fit Conti tyres. For my style of driving I like wafting around as if I am in a Gentlemans Club", all quiet and serene. I found them quite hard so at 15,000 miles with about 4 mm left I changed then for a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2. In my opinion this has transformed the car. It is quieter, less harsh on the 18" rims and has better feel through the steering. None of the road holding or road manners has been lost, so it's a win, win for me.

Would I buy another - for sure, I just hope the Superb 3 comes up to my expectations.

I'm not going to pursue the Superb 2.0TSI mentioned from Lookers of Guildford.

Their price was too high, the part/ex offered was too minimal

And the impressions on customer service were very poor

I have just found this one online via the Skoda website.

It is a Dec 2011 model in black with 40300 miles.

Registration - KP61 RYX

They are sending me details and photographs later this week but it is £3k less than the one I was originally interested in.

Does anyone know or recognise this vehicle?

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604941628

I have just found this one online via the Skoda website.

It is a Dec 2011 model in black with 40300 miles.

Registration - KP61 RYX

They are sending me details and photographs later this week but it is £3k less than the one I was originally interested in.

Does anyone know or recognise this vehicle?

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604941628

The mileage seems reasonable for it's age, (40 months), & a  with "KP" plate might be an ex Skoda car.

It'll look good when it's clean.....

Ask Simpsons to give you a full spec, there are a few extras that are sometimes omitted when ordering a new car, such as the dimming rear-view mirror.

HTH, DC