Passenger electric window

I have read the excellent how to on the website but i'm not too sure which bit i need to buy.

The passenger window would not come up.  I have manually got it in place with a wedge but i'm not sure which bit is broken.

The motor still turns freely and the cable looks in good order.

The regulator appears to work coming up and down.

Do i just need the clips as apparently they break as they are made of plastic or do you think i need the whole regulator?

Has anyone had to pay to get this sorted and got a rough guide to what it would cost?

Even though i have the how to it does look a bit complex with the drilling of the rivets and removal of the door card etc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jack

Had a look at the pictures for a new regukator and it appears as though my clips are broken.  I can see the cable at the top of the door and it doesn't appear to be attached.  Are the clips easy to replace?

Jack

You can get the clips and the wires for about 15 quid off Ebay for a non genuine part. The kit comes with a metal spacer to fit the wires. I've done mine twice. First time was an absolute b*****d and took me ages. Second time the wires went over the pulleys straight away.

Don't forget to lubricate the edges of your window channel and be careful when taking door card off not to break any of the plastic clips.

Definitely a job you can do yourself if you're practically minded.

:-)