Performance Improvements

Hi,

I'm after some advice if possible. I've got a GTB1756 to go on and looking to get a new exhaust and FMIC. I've got my eye on a 2.50" Milltek cat back exhaust and Forge front mount and wondered if there's anything else i should go for or consider before i buy??

I understand the downpipe will need modding to fit, so where would i start to look for that??

Sorry for nood questions.

Thanks,

I would maybe reconsider your FMIC option, IF I were to build another I would definitely go for a differant FMIC as when I had my hybrid turbo mapped by Jabba they did mention the Forge item and show me the logs that it isn't the best.

Darkside seat sport version is a good option. But you have to cut a lot of the front slam panel to fit. And if you have xenons a lot more cutting lol. And I wasn't prepared to do that with my car. HTH

• Like 2

I agree, but only because your going GTB.

A pd150 or hybrid and id go forge any day of the week. I've fitted and used both and the forge is a much nicer option but only for a mild tune.

Id buy...

Forge FMIC and pipework

GT17/52 hybrid Turbo

Piper decat but with two silencers

And want 220bhp.

• Like 1

Forge hasn't been ordered, it was just a consideration. I've e-mailed W8 Performance for a quote on an Airtec but will check out Darksides. I don't have Xenons and i don't want to have pipes sticking through my bumper, like i've seen on one or two cars.

• Like 1

Airtec is great, fitted one about a week ago.

Wasn't that much cutting needed.

You shouldn't have any pipes sticking through the bumper with either intercooler.

I just sold a full forge kit and pipework about three weeks ago for a bargain price.

• Like 1

I would maybe reconsider your FMIC option, IF I were to build another I would definitely go for a differant FMIC as when I had my hybrid turbo mapped by Jabba they did mention the Forge item and show me the logs that it isn't the best.

Darkside seat sport version is a good option. But you have to cut a lot of the front slam panel to fit. And if you have xenons a lot more cutting lol. And I wasn't prepared to do that with my car. HTH

Just looking on the Darkside website and found the fmic, i think. Is it around £420.00 + delivery??

edit: Also, would the Seat crash bar fit without the need for cutting??

Agreed with the forge fmic it isn't the best, I opened up the crash bar and did a wide mouth on mine and it definitely helped a small amount with temperatures it's so thin and over 50pc of the intercooler is hidden behind the crash bar and bumper parts.

Forget buying an exhaust it's waste of money spend it on something else it's questionable at your power levels if it's even worth buying a bigger downpipe. I wouldn't consider changing exhaust etc unless a big gtb turbo.

Back pressure is controlled via the veins on the turbo so it doesn't quite work like a petrol.

I'm on 230 bhp admitably pushing my turbo on a mdx376, but I've got standard exhaust and standard downpipe, only thing I've done is decatted it and fit fmic and bigger intake pipe to the airbox, filter is standard too.

Go figure.

• Like 1

Right, exhaust and fmic are both here, so need to get a clutch now as mine has already started to slip.

I am aiming for 230bhp and not going to go above that. I do want to get an upgraded clutch, so are these what i need to get:

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/sachs-1-9-tdi-6-speed-02m-dual-mass-flywheel-with-sachs-sre-performance-clutch-kit.html

http://www.amdtuning.com/product.details.cfm?ProductID=3876&VariantID=49&ReferenceID=9612

Thanks

I totally agree with Andy on clutch choice, great clutch nice pedal feel and not overly heavy either.

And should last donkeys as it can handle a lot more torque than you are going to put through it, but at least it will handle more if you wanted to upgrade later onto a larger GTB turbo ;)

I'm also a tad biased as I bought one from unit 18 and ran it on my car :) HTH

• Like 1

I have the sachs paddle clutch and dmf and it's awesome. Will take abuse all day long.

I also see your in Reigate, I'm from croydon so jot at at all. If you ever wanted to try my clutch out your more than welcome to pop down.

• Like 1