VRS mk2 Pre FL MFSW

Speaking to Mr Holroyd the other day and he wasn't sure on this. Is there a version of the VRS wheel for a pre fl that has MF? I really want a 3 spoke wheel but don't want to lose the buttons. I know some later wheels fit with limited functionality and I can't live with half working stuff.

I've certainly never seen one.

Even the vRS with factory sat nav and maxidot don't have them.

Maybe the mk5 GTI wheel is the only option for 3 spoke?

Edited by softscoop
  • Like 1

I've certainly never seen one.

Even the vRS with factory sat nav and maxidot don't have them.

Maybe the mk5 GTI wheel is the only option for 3 spoke?

I am looking at the MK5 3 spoke, I have seen  the airbag covers to suit for sale. I am wondering if my airbag would fit the cover, I have a spare I can chop up. If it does would be pretty easy to swap the badge to skoda as there are some for sale with the moulded tabs which are heat sealed onto the airbag cover. This is the closest way I can think of retaining the safety aspects of the bag whilst having skoda branding. I have also seen some deployed bags which it seems burst above the badge. Still a little risky I guess but I couldn't live with a VW badge on the wheel. Just thinking out loud...

I considered a mk5 estate before I bought mine, but it's a smaller car which made it pointless for me. Plus, projector lights in the Octavia make xenon retrofits much much better :)

The only thing I can say for the Golf is it has ESP as standard.