Upgrade from 16inch to 17 inch wheels

Dom81

Hi. Sorry if this is posted before but am getting so much conflicting info on the net its giving me a headache.

I have 16inch wheels on my skoda octavia 1.4tsi 2011 model. I would like to fit 17 inch wheels but need to know what ones fit.

I gather i will need

pcd of 112 x 5

17inch wheel

Offset ??????

Rim width ?????

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dom

• 2 months later...

Hi, here (http://www.wheelfitment.eu/index.php) is a fantastic website providing info about all wheels sizes etc. I used it to find my 2HD steel wheels for winter tires.

You can search by car, by PCD, etc. and you can also see which cars have similar sizes, in order to find 2nd hand wheels.

As for the 17" wheels... are you sure? I have 16" OEM fitted and even 15" winter tires and I think 16" are OK for a "standard" (i.e. not ultra-sporty) car. Bigger wheels mean lower sided tires = less comfort over road irregularities.

The OEM size for 17's on your car would be:

Wheel dimensions: 7.0J x 17“, ET 54
Number of bolts: 5
Pitch circle diameter: 112 mm
Wheel centring hole diameter: 57 mm

An example is the Pallas or Cepeus, both of which were fitted to the FL MK2 Octavia.

The correct tyre size would be 225/45 R17 91W.

I'd stick with 16" wheels as I've 17" fitted to my 2007 L&K and you feel every single bump in the road ... Mind you even after owning it for 14 months I'm still used to the smoothnesx of the hydraulic suspension on the Citroen Xantia and C5 as I owned 3 Xantia and a C5 over a period of about 9 years

Edited by labman1001