MK2 Fabia VRS (Aka Green Monster)

Kobayashi

So time to update the very first mod from 2012 'The Sound system'. The parcel shelf can now be removed without wrecking the wiring to the original JBL speakers. (These JBL will be updated to Pioneer another time, but at least now we have decent bass!)

Pioneer Subwoofer & Amp all with pro audio conncetions, custom built Sub Woofer.

All this fitted by http://www.countyautomotive.co.uk/ who did a fantastic job.

Amp1.jpg

Boot Space.jpg

Pioneer Amp + SUB.jpg

Removable Wiring.jpg

Sub Location.jpg

• 2 months later...

So the last mod very long time, Vented! by the Good Nick Wiley (Facebook)

+ Waterpoof Battery cover as failsafe to protect from water ingress from the vents.

Water shouldnt be an issue as he done over 4000 cars!

Only thing left is Stage 2 (which i dont fancy) was great to get this far, but will probably need uprated bushes and track rod ends in next few years!

Vented.png

Carbon M Vents 9585.jpg

Battery Top Cover.jpg

Felt.jpg

• 5 months later...

Tracking / Camber now adjusted to counteract the pulling left, as since the front roll bar was fitted for last 6 months the car was pulling to the left slightly

Even when the tracking was out the car is very fast and stable on roundabouts with both Whiteline Anti roll bars.

2 Front Tyres changed to Goodyear Efficient Grip as alloys chipped and side wall damaged on 1 of the uniroyals.

Used E Tech Putty, sanded and brushed on with tiny brush, Primer & matching kawasaki ral 6018 paint, not my greatest work and no easy to do with tyre on.

Probably could have done it better with spray can and tyre off. 

Camber.png.1ea00ec1952b33fe97f0a3668ba7505b.png

chipped.jpg

E Tech putty.jpg

Matched.jpg

• 4 months later...

So here's what a VRS MK2 would look like with a glass roof, this is a a carbon vinyl wrap done by local firm in Nelson.  Considering a full wrap in the future. Here's his work from YouTube, Thewrapper.. 

My carbon roof looks in tandem with the MK3 glass

PhotoEditor_20190707_122626226.jpg

Edited by Kobayashi

So the Bonnet has been Vinyl Wrapped 'Silky Hell Green' in an effort to cover up all the stone chips!

Skoda paint has gotta be one the worst for chipping. Even the side doors chip and the damn roof and the problem is appearing on the MK3. 

Really happy with the new roof...

Avery Silky Hell Green.jpg

Silky Hell Green Bonnet Wrap.jpg

Carbon Wrap Roof.jpg

4 x Yokohama Advan Neova R ready to be fitted next service, as the fuel consumption is rated F Yokohama can no longer sell this  (R) version, it has been replaced with the Neova RS

Got these on a steal (£110 a tyre) normally £140 and interestingly they can be fitted the opposite way round for a track day. Suitable for Road and Race.

Yokohama Advan Neova R.jpg

• 3 years later...

So at the minute the gearbox is seized up after the flashing D symbol being on a a few weeks, will only go in Reverse, it's with the tuning shop to look at this week, I know this was inevitable one day and at 60k mileage it has only ever done short miles but lots of stop start gear changes so the clutch plates are probably worn out. If the DQ200 is broken Does it work out better to fit the DQ250 which is more reliable? I am sure my tuning shop can do the work just interested in opinions on it?

I personally would be going down the dq250 route but that is because they charge an absolute bomb to fix the dq200 mechatronics and the kevlar clutch packs which run more power and don’t wear as fast are also around 800-900 pound , lancs transmission in bury do fix dq200’s all the time so maybe worth giving them a buzz , but fitting a dq250 is pretty plug and play , all that is needed custom is a gearbox mount, and you need to cut the dq200 connector and fit the dq250 connector in its place , you also need to change the gear selector 

. you will need a pre 2012 dq250 (I used a golf 2008 mk5 GT 1.4 tsi gearbox) but nearly all dq250’s have the same bolt pattern apart from the R32 dq250 

. Starter motor with gearbox 

. gear selector for dq250 

. flywheel for dq250 I used a single mass but it’s a bit jittery so for everyday driving would reccomend the oem dual mass one 

. driveshafts for mk1 fabia I got new ones from AUTODOC for £150 

.custom gearbox mount 

• Like 1

Sounds ideal for the more reliable DQ250 option if it's 'mega repair' to the DQ200... it was booked in for tomorrow originally, so they not even looked at it yet. I'm on a bus route for work so it's not too bad to be without it and will defo weigh up options if it's catastrophic 

New mechatronics unit alone from dealer is £2.5k  😲, Lancs transmissions in Bury will take mine & give me a reconditioned one & has to be coded the tuning shop will do the rest, they have used them before on many DQ200 DSGs this way it can done for half of cost of a brand new one. ..the clutch plates on mine are apparently ok.                                    The DQ250 option he doesn't know the cost of that but I'm guessing it's more than the DQ200 refurb.. 

• 2 weeks later...

So after fitting a reconditioned mechatronics which is a newer model and coding with the help of Lancs Transmissions / Motor Robs Garage the car is back to normal, 'another resuscitation from the dead so to speak'Screenshot_2023-03-10-22-51-06-75_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.thumb.jpg.9542e5e0f926d698052cd5558aebb0a7.jpg  A hefty bill £2.6k. Can't afford a new 'old car' or a new car at all, so no choice but to plough on.. The clutch was skipping in Gears 2 and 5 though it's unclear if one issue caused the other. For Info A brand new OEM mechatronics from the Skoda dealer is Approx £2.5k alone.... Lancs Auto will re-furbish my old mechatronics and the cycle will continue for someone else...