Any race blue vRS 230's about ? or stay with what I have

A few years back quite a lot of forum members on various different forums were complaining about the Milltek exhaust rusting, would rust within 12 months of being on the vehicle, some said they received a call from Milltek & Milltek were looking into the issue, I seem to recall that some had their exhaust changed from Milltek, under the warranty claim procedure etc.

I don't know if this is still the case today but just google "Milltek exhaust rusting"

personally from my experience with exhaust systems, I would go down the custom route all day everyday.

Have a look at companies called.

Hayward & Scott exhausts (Essex) quality workmanship, can be costly but still below/within the £1k cost of a Milltek.

Powerspeed exhausts fast road conversions (Kent) again quality workmanship, not as expensive as Hayward & Scott & still below/within the £1k cost.

I've used both of these firms on 4 different vehicles & never ever had any of my custom made exhausts rust whatsoever, quality workmanship & definitely very well made custom products from the get go that last donkeys years.

• Like 2

There used to be a company named custom chrome near where I live - they had an amazing reputation years ago, and made a fantastic sounding exhaust for a friend's Dodge Ram. Might have a word as I'm in their area tomorrow.

That's an expensive list of mods @Ads230 - definitely start a project thread :-)

My exhaust will be a few months off yet - spent too much money on other stuff recently so my account needs a break. Will be very interested to see how you get on with the intake.

• Like 2

Thanks @BATVANVRS - will definitely look into them, appreciate the suggestions! Hadn't thought much about custom as there were / are so many products available for MQB, and seemingly a huge array of different sounding ones for a 2.0 TSI...

And @stu83, yeah it's adding up to be quite a wee bit of cash, but this is a long-termer for sure. Looking to purchase intake and rear diffuser next month, but we shall see - it's already started off an expensive year, including MPG-wise too (although that could be the change from a 1.6 N/A to the snail'd 2.0 has meant I've been enjoying 'boost' a little too much.)

Looking to start a project thread once the car is clean (Winter grot), have decent camera, and generally have time to sort it out.

• Like 1

Check a few videos on youtube, Milltek, Bull x, Remus etc...

Not trying to split hairs with different exhaust companies & there is only so much you can only hear via videos as oppose to seeing & hearing in the flesh but I prefer the sound of the Remus (seems to have a deeper tone/sound) if I was to go down the route of a pre-made exhaust system, I think I would choose Remus.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ads230 said:

Edit: @stu83 - highly recommend the LifeShine treatment (£299) - bit pricey, but the finish is pretty excellent and road muck just power-hoses right off. Also, they give you a s****y bag full of AutoGlym products worth a fair bit. Whilst many might see it as style over substance, the finish and protection achieved is pretty good - and it has a lifetime guarantee (i.e. as long as you own the car.)

I would look up your local detailer and get them to do your new car or used car prep as £300 should cover that finished with Gtechniq. Don't do the Lifeshine it is vastly overpriced.