Saturated Carpet

My Superb estate is off the road - sigh!! The front passenger side carpet is soaked and the rear passenger side carpet is wet, but not as bad. My dealer has the interior stripped down and had performed all sorts of water tests to try and find the source of the water ingress to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem and cured it?

The only though that occurred to me relates to the fact that my car is parked on my drive at night, facing down a slight slope. Could this cause water to collect at the bottom of the door and overflow between the metal and the door card and into the interior.

We had a Leon with this fault some years ago and the water was coming in by that route. The dealer thoroughly sealed the vapour membrane and the problem was fixed.

As the car is off the road, Skoda have supplied a replacement hire car - an Octavia Hatch. I was very impressed with the speed an courtesy with which this was arranged, although the car hire company leave something to be desired!

I miss the Superb!!!!!

I had a Mondeo that filled up on one side, it was the same fault with both doors on the same side.

The sealant used on the membrane under the doors cards did not quite meet along the bottom of the membrane , so water running down the side glass into the doors "yes, it's a lot" was not running out of the drain holes but was coming out between the door & door card which is above the carpets. Easily fixed with silicone sealant.

I had a smiliar issue with my Twindoor (58 plate) Elegance TDi. The problem originally manifested itself with the driver's heated seat malfunctioning - hot cross buns! The dealer eventually traced the problem back to water ingress in the passenger footwell shorting out the heated seat control unit, which is located under the passenger seat. They worked out that the water was coming into the passenger footwell from the engine bay, and that a kinked/incorrectly fitted aircon coolant hose was the culprit. Fortunately the heated seat control unit (and the dodgy hose) were replaced under warranty.

Thanks to all for the input. I've had feedback from the dealer that they've got some sealant "coming tomorrow" and the interior's stripped down for this to be applied and for drying.

Whilst I'd rather not have had this problem, I feel rather well treated with phone calls, and feedback both from the dealer and from Skoda loan cars. My feedback about the hire car company they used was taken on board and will be used to improve the service.

I had the same. Drain channel above the nearside doors had a kink in it and had to be replaced. Took a few days. All damp carpets replaced as well. Didn't take the dealer long to find it so I suspect it was something they knew about as a potential problem.

I had the same problem on my old Audi A6. Water was entering the cabin because the drain hole under the battery was blocked.I would quite often find all the windows open after heavy rain. This sounds like a fairly common problem on VAG cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it back today. It went in on 19th Feb! The leak was coming from the windscreen which was replaced last week - it's a heated one!

All the time the car has been away I've had the use of a '62 plate Octavia S 1.6TDI which was quite a nice car.. but I'm glad I've got mine back!!

• 7 months later...

I've had a similar fustrating problem on my VRS Blackline which I bought new earlier this year. The carpet on the driver's footwell was soaking. The dealer had the car for 6 weeks and could not find the leaking point. In desparation they sealed a number of areas in the engine compartment and even removed the front wing to further seal potential points. The leak appears to have been cured but I am still "fighting" with the dealer as the wing was not replaced accurately. Skoda Customer Services Uk have been extremely supportive and the dealer has agreed to take the car back and correct the wing alignment..........anyone else had this problem??

anyone else had this problem??

Dealers doing shoddy work? No, don't think that has happened before... :think:

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, but glad they found the cause...remember, it could be worse, "we tried all we can think of, but we can't find..." :wall: