Everything posted by Colin170CR
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I like BH products. I use Touchless, Auto Wheels & I've got some Surfex HD which I have yet to use - engine bay clean up beckons.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
They will.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Don't think so as that name doesn't ring bell & too far away from me to have considered them.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
My Trinity alloys were also diamond cut & I had have them refurbed a couple of times over the years. In the end I decided that powder coating them black to match the body colour offered better protection, gave the car a meaner look, & hides the road grime & brake dust. At £60+vat per wheel it was also cheaper than having them traditionally refurbed & diamond cut.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Nice. This reminds me that I need to clean up & paint my rusty wheel hubs which, once I get the wheels off to do it, will no doubt lead me to do exactly the same to the inside of my wheels. That said they probably won't be as bad as yours because I had my Trinity alloys powder coated black 18 months ago so they should be better shape. Waiting for warmer & dryer weather though.
-
Recently Cleaned Thread
Yep. I washed our two the other day for the first time this year. Not such an intensive process as yours, just a BH Touchless foam covering, jet rinse, then a wash with Autobrite Graphite infused shampoo (new to me), rinse & BH wheel cleaner. No drying necessary because I now have a pure water filter which works a treat & saves the arm ache of drying the cars by hand. I also find that a leaf blower also gets rid of the majority of water quite easily. Especially handy for my wife's taller Kona roof. Typing this reminds me I have to touch in & polish some scratches on my roof as well. However, even with the labour saving devices, I was still aching & stiff for a day after. Getting older sucks.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Nice figures. I do miss the days of 68-70mpg fuel consumption in my old 2.0CR170 Superb Elegance estate. I'm lucky now if I get 36-38mpg on a run & 26mpg around town. That said, I don't do high mileages any more so the mpg numbers aren't really an issue for me these days. I've only filled once this year since Christmas because we tend to use my wife's EV for most of the local trips. Mine only get used when we go a a trip longer than the EV can manage or, I do a dump run or, I need to remind myself how quick the 280 is 🤫
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
It seems there were two episodes featuring DAF's with CVT & the above link was not the one I was thinking of. This one is. https://www.google.com/search?q=Mathewsons+Daf+episode&sca_esv=7205f6bcc2c46b97&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB903GB928&biw=1280&bih=632&tbm=vid&ei=O0P9ZdPCCYewhbIPkfCrgAk&ved=0ahUKEwiTzPXYu4eFAxUHWEEAHRH4CpAQ4dUDCA0&uact=5&oq=Mathewsons+Daf+episode&gs_lp=Eg1nd3Mtd2l6LXZpZGVvIhZNYXRoZXdzb25zIERhZiBlcGlzb2RlMgoQIRgKGKABGMMEMgQQIRgVSIYhUOIEWNYKcAB4AJABAJgBmwGgAYkEqgEDMy4yuAEDyAEA-AEBmAIFoAKaBMICCBAAGIkFGKIEwgIIEAAYgAQYogSYAwCIBgGSBwMzLjKgB-oM&sclient=gws-wiz-video#vhid=D06GNAwtQ_7HqM&vssid=videos-0dc328be
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
There was an episode of Bangers & Cash (a UK TV series about the Mathewson's classic car auction company in Yorkshire) where they had a DAF 66 with CVT up for sale. The narrator / presenter of the programme asked Derek, Dave & Paul Matthewson how the DAF 66 CVT worked & none of them could explain it properly so that the narrator was none the wiser. https://www.google.com/search?q=Mathewsons+Daf+66+episode&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB903GB928&oq=Mathewsons+Daf+66+episode&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigAdIBCjE4NzQwajBqMTWoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#vhid=3fDy2X4ZGHNIQM&vssid=videos-dfd183b3
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
My one & only experience with a CVT was in a DAF 66 Variomatic back in the late '70's. Horrible experience. I much prefer a torque converter or DSG. No issues with my Superb DSG. However, I did have a few issues with our ex-Karoq 1.5 DSG 4 x 4. Monumental hesitation between pressing the pedal & any forward motion. I fitted a Race Chip Throttle pedal which improved the response but there was still a bit of hesitation which I think was caused by the fix that VAG applied to cure the kangarooing problem they had with early 1.5 engines. No such problems with our Kona EV - only 1 speed. Press (gently or you will spin the front tyres) & go.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
You'll love it & try as you might you will not get any wheelspin. With 360bhp I can't spin my wheels in damp weather. CVT auto's are just weird!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Normally it's only the wife 👩🦱!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I should be so lucky👯♀️
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Mine got a wash today ready to attend a funeral tomorrow. The least I can do is to turn up in a relatively clean car - which just happens to be black as well. True to form though, in less than 1hr, some bird had taken a dump on it initiating a quick bucket hand wash to remove the offending mess. 🐦🔫
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Hardly worth washing a car this time of year. Dirty again in less than one day.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Yep. My wife's Kona EV is similar. Before setting off, Cancel out / confirm all the "safe driving notices" Change user profile if needed Turn on Auto Hold (can't be set on permanently) Turn off LKA / LDW Select D & Move off while pulling on the LH steering wheel paddle to engage full regen level. What a faff. Certainly could not be used as a getaway car.🚓🚔 That said I don't mind driving it from time to time. Just can't floor it in the wet or damp as the front tyres will light up so easy. Try as I may I cannot spin up the tyres on my Superb 280, even in the wet.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Can't be doing with any of that type of assistance - although I did fit a rear view camera in my a while ago which I do us in conjunction with my door mirrors. I have found that the cost of 1 or 2 curbed alloy repairs improves your reversing & parking skills no end🤑
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I don't, unless it's part of LKA or the same thing, in which case It's permanently off in mine. Last thing I want is something tugging at my steering wheel or nannying me about the fact I have just crossed a line on a single track road.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Very commendable dedication to detail not to mention the cost! Personally I would be paying someone to remove Lane Assist, not fit it. I have mine turned off permanently. The single most annoying modern car feature IMO. Together with the auto parallel park thingy or whatever they call it, which I have never used in 6 years of of ownership.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
And that's not including the Insurance or fuel!! I just checked my last MOT year mileage for Dec 2022-2023 = 6,600 which is more than I thought it would be. Mileage for this current year will probably be quite a bit less because we use my wife's EV more as a daily driver now. Car ownership is more expensive now than ever before but then, most other things are as well.
-
The 280PS Thread
You might want to check out insurance companies before having it mapped. I didn't & found that I needed to find another company cos my original insurance company would not accept a modified car. Up to a 25-28% increase in power over the stock engine is accepted by some insurance companies but anything more than that & it starts to get more difficult to find a company who'll cover the car, also more expensive. Currently I have a joint 2 car policy with LV who accepted my modified 280 (+80bhp) &, like many others, increased their premiums by around 40% last year.
-
The 280PS Thread
I think I paid around £599 for a Revo stage 1 ECU remap & health check back in 2020. No DSG map or rolling road though. Looks like the prices have increased a bit over the last few years.
-
The 280PS Thread
Expensive?
-
The 280PS Thread
600+bhp Superb Estate. Ultimate Sleeper
-
The 280PS Thread
I have. But then mines an L&K + Revo Stage 1 remap.