Skip to content

bspman

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bspman

  1. Only thing constructive I can say is once it's fixed - make sure you've got the paperwork to say WHY it's been tampered with (for replacement). Excess smoke is a result of no DPF so none of the particulate being caught. A Call to darksidedevelopments might be in order to see if you can get some help and advice.
  2. I can see you have the same issue as mine. Would be interesting to see if it sorts it out for you!
  3. Welcome. I actually quite prefer the mk1 over the mk2 (aside from the lack of rear leg room!). They're brill cars
  4. Love the alloys on that!
  5. bspman replied to Boycey17's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Gorgeous! @Boycey17
  6. bspman replied to jbs's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Welcome @jbs is it a petrol or diesel? If it's petrol please please make sure your timing chain and tensioner have been replaced!
  7. Welcome to the forums. Not sure how you managed to accidentally buy it, but a stage1 remap is a great starting place.
  8. Welcome. Nice pick! Which side of London are you on?
  9. Welcome Ali - Nice Engine!
  10. Welcome @CarlyonVRS - Is it a petrol or diesel? If it's petrol - please please please make sure your chain and tensioner have been replaced or get it done ASAP.
  11. I was just thinking of the GR! (and how I'm unlikely to ever afford no matter how much I want one)
  12. A mixture of driving styles as I live in london (sometimes stop/start traffic, sometimes reasonably well flowing). I rarely get a chance to exercise the car's potential due to city limits, but do attempt the occasional redline. Misfire is less apparent with a heavy foot and goes away completely once at operating temp. I do have the "Red" coils as well and adjusting gap helped a lot. Fuel wise - I used to use tesco momentum 99 but the misfire was more pronounced. Shell V-Power is my normal fuel of choice as I get less of a misfire with that.
  13. Hi, so I've got a 2010 VRS (petrol) with misfire issues (engine code CCZA). Breakdown: I've checked engine blocks whilst driving. Cyl 2 misfires under gentle accelleration when cold (as in - engine not at operating temp). NO EML I've swapped 2 and 3 coilpacks - still misfiring cyl 2 as above. New spark plugs were fitted a while back by an indie, but original coilpacks An injector (not sure which one) had a new seal applied to it whilst at the indie for my chain/turbo issues. Have been told compression looks fine on all cyclinders by above indie I've fitted new coilpacks (r8s) but the problem still persists. VCDS scan showed below error around evap. Address 01: Engine Labels: 06J-907-115-CCZ.clb Control Module Part Number: 1Z0 907 115 AF HW: 1Z0 907 115 F Component and/or Version: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0010 Software Coding: 0203000C1C070160 Work Shop Code: WSC 73430 790 00999 VCID: 79FE6174307CCD87E0-802C 1 Fault Found: 001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys P0441 - 000 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100000 Fault Priority: 0 Fault Frequency: 2 Reset counter: 255 Mileage: 190354 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2044.14.06 Time: 21:58:08 Freeze Frame: RPM: 835 /min Load: 20.4 % Speed: 0.0 km/h Temperature: 89.0°C Temperature: 18.0°C Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar Voltage: 14.224 V Readiness: 0000 0000 Fuel cap seals look like they're cracked so maybe a new fuel cap needed. Thoughts on where to go from here?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.