Everything posted by chrisgreen
-
SOLD - Skoda Rapid Spaceback genuine boot nets - mint condition
Still available. Thanks
-
SOLD - Skoda Rapid and Rapid Spaceback Genuine Rubber Mats - new and unused
Still available. Thanks.
-
Battery Cover Options
Hi With the weather changing and the temperature starting to drop, I'm starting to look at whether my battery is adequately insulated from the elements. My current battery cover is the fabric wrap, with no top cover. Like this (not my dirty engine thankfully): Is it worth replacing this with one with a top cover, like this: I did buy this hard cover off AliExpress, but I cannot get it to fit properly. Just doesn't want to clip onto the battery and I'm uncomfortable just leaving it balanced on the top of the battery. Also thinking the fabric top cover might have better insulation benefits. All advice and views welcome. Thanks Chris
-
Making a few improvements to my Superb III
Yes I do. Drop me a line if you are interested please.
- Side mirror does not automatically lower when reversing
- Side mirror does not automatically lower when reversing
-
Dashboard storage box
The handle is the same regardless of left or right hand drive. Only the actual cubby changes.
-
Making a few improvements to my Superb III
I bought a ski bag! But, rather than buying the genuine Skoda one (cheapest I could find new was £50), I bought the Audi one. Exactly the same bag (literally identical, same instructions printed on it and everything), just with an Audi logo in place of the Skoda one. Same applies for VW and Seat, but the Audi one was the cheapest option (guess there's shedloads of them about unsold as Audi owners don't ski it seems) - got it new for £20 delivered.
-
Dashboard storage box
Mate, have you even tried to find a replacement? One google search for "Skoda Superb Under Dash storage" brought up a shedload of new replacement parts. Entire replacement cubby units for £40 and replacement handles (with springs) for under a tenner.
-
Making a few improvements to my Superb III
Not too late and very helpful @Bap33 - thanks for sharing. Roughly how far down from the top of the trim panel is that first clip? Just thinking in terms of where to apply pressure with the trim tool to push the clip out straight without bending or breaking anything. Thanks.
-
Making a few improvements to my Superb III
Few more accessory additions to the car over the weekend. Found a dealer clearing out some stuff cheap, so bought the Comfort Pack (2x headread smart accessory fittings, 1x coat hanger, 1x hook, 1x tablet/phone holder (means I now have two of these as already had one), and 1x door bin. Also bout this luggage strap, which is a new accessory that fits both the Superb III and the new model.
-
SOLD - Skoda Rapid Spaceback Genuine Rubber Boot Liner - mint condition
SOLD
-
SOLD - Skoda Rapid Spaceback Variable Boot Floor - mint condition
SOLD
-
SOLD - Skoda Rapid Spaceback Variable Boot Floor - mint condition
Will DM you.
-
SOLD - Skoda Rapid Spaceback Variable Boot Floor - mint condition
Oh yeah - no problem at all. It's quite robust. It's about 12mm thick and I used to have my boot piled up with everything from shopping to computer equipment to all my tennis gear, not a problem and wouldnt even bend. Unfortunately, Skoda doesn't seem to state a load weight for it anywhere, but unless you were planning on filling your boot with bricks, I doubt you would have any issues with it.
-
Making a few improvements to my Superb III
Cheers for the pic @Tankdave and for the reassurance. Hoping it really is that easy. I have a good set of trim tools to assist. It's just the last time I did an A pillar it was in my mum's (now my) Fabia II Combi when I was retro fitting factory bluetooth and nav. That REALLY didn't want to come off.
-
Making a few improvements to my Superb III
Decided to buy a few more bits from Kopacek to finish off the car. As the door puddle lights are a non-starter, I've now got the uprated lights for the underside of the mirrors. I will be honest, I am really not looking forward to trying to disassemble them, but hoping it will be worth the effort. Also picked up some genuine carpet mats. They were doing the premium ones for RHD cheap (10 Euros a set) to get rid of them, so ordered a couple of packs. They are extremely good, and very very thick. Finally, I ordered another boot net kit (yes, I know I already have one set). I wanted another side net, and this was the only way to get it. They were cheap enough that it's worth keeping the other two nets as spares. Also, I need to get my finger out and fit my dashcam. Similarly, not looking forward to trying to remove the passenger side A pillar trim. Praying I don't break it. Dread to think what a replacement would cost. Pics to follow when I fit stuff.
-
SOLD - Skoda Rapid and Rapid Spaceback Genuine Rubber Mats - new and unused
Yes, still available. Please get in touch.
-
SKODA Net under the parcel shelf - was this ever done for the Superb III?
Please keep this thread on topic. I started this to ask about retrofitting the net under the parcel shelf, not to discuss sun shades. Please start your own separate thread on sun shades if that’s what you want to investigate.
-
SKODA Net under the parcel shelf - was this ever done for the Superb III?
He doesn’t have the net! What use is a pic (and he’s unlikely to have the part number for it as he doesn’t have the net)?
-
Aftermarket Roof Bars Wanted for Superb III Hatchback
Any thoughts or experience of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263820705171
-
Aftermarket Roof Bars Wanted for Superb III Hatchback
No question they are good but way too expensive. They are more than the genuine Skoda ones. These look pretty good, and the price is decent too. Thanks.
-
Aftermarket Roof Bars Wanted for Superb III Hatchback
Hello Looking to buy roof bars for my Superb III hatchback. I had ordered the genuine ones from Wings Skoda as they had them about £35 cheaper than anyone else, but they very dishonestly cancelled my order the day after I ordered and then put the price back up on their web site. Very poor. So, with genuine ones unlikely to reappear for a good price, I am considering non-genuine. Does anyone have any recommendations please? Looking to keep cost under £200 and ideally would like a set that make use of the mounting holes in the door frames. If anyone has a used genuine set in good condition that they are interested in selling, would consider that too. Thanks Chris
-
SKODA Net under the parcel shelf - was this ever done for the Superb III?
Likewise. It's one of those things - I'm fairly confident the width is right for it to fit, but I am not sure the mounting kit would work in the Superb, and also that groove seems longer than the Octy, so it might just slide backwards and forwards a lot. Ideally, need to find an Octy 3 owner with one so I can try it for size before risking buying one.
-
SKODA Net under the parcel shelf - was this ever done for the Superb III?
The slots look like they should take something like this: https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/en_SK/multifunctional-box-octavia-iii-liftback/p/5E5061109 thats for an Octy 3, no idea if it would also fit the Superb or not. That said, the boot tray I kept from my Rapid Spaceback (one of these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196139666740) is a perfect fit for the Superb III boot, seems the boots are the same width, who would have thought!