Everything posted by Papez
-
My noisy Felicia
What brand was the timing chain? Some aftermarket chains become noisy in short time.
-
NGK BKUR5ET-10: Your opinion about them
Right pressure is 3bar relative to the intake air pressure. Disconnecting vacuum tube or measuring with engine off simulates intake air pressure being same as atmospheric pressure, which is why fuel pressure rises to 3bar.
-
NGK BKUR5ET-10: Your opinion about them
Multi-electrode plugs are prescribed by Skoda...
-
NGK BKUR5ET-10: Your opinion about them
Workshop manuals says around 2.5 bar. More important is, whether presure rises to around 3bar, when vacuum tube to the regulator is disconnected?
-
Can i make a modification to my Felicia 1.3 filter case?
That's because most people don't even know it wasn't installed in the factory - they were usually installed at dealership/importer, before they got to the customer.
-
Can i make a modification to my Felicia 1.3 filter case?
There are (atleast) three types of AC actually. One is original, documented in ETKA and workshop documentation, I posted picture earlier. They were introduced in 1997 or 1998. Other two were retrofit kits: One made by Diavia, looks almost like original heater unit for Favorit with some extra room for evaporator, which is placed right next to heater core. You can see it on this page. Notice repositioned PS oil reservoir (this instalation has PS pump placed above alternator) https://skoda-virt.cz/cz/auta/favorit-a-felicie/12063-colorline/ Second one was made by Alex (or atleast several topics mention it as Alex unit, but it might be just distributor in Czechia) and that's one which is present on pictures above. It replaces original fan housing piece of heater unit, which is why filter meant for heating won't fit. From what I've found, installations of these units had several variants, using different compressors, radiator fans, heater panels... Unfortunately, I couldn't find any more info or documentation about Diavia and Alex units. Edit: Found this page: https://www.alex-original.com/SKODA-Front-AC-units It doesn't list Felicia anymore, but I found PNs on another page: SKO 11135 - 1.3BMM SKO 11137 - 1.3MPI with PS SKO 11138 - 1.3MPI wothout PS SKO 11165 - 1.6 with PS SKO 11166 - 1.6 without PS SKO 11191 - 1.9D
-
Skoda Felicia - Engine Cuts Out
It depends, if your valves actually need some adjustment at 15000km intervals. Skoda service plan shows that valve clearance was checked at annual checks and every 30000km.
-
Can i make a modification to my Felicia 1.3 filter case?
I meant in first post.
-
Can i make a modification to my Felicia 1.3 filter case?
One I posted has slot for filter behind evaporator, but this one is so crammed, that I'm not sure if there's any space for filter at all... One you have posted is variant for heating without AC, which is entirely different..
-
I need the car owner manual for Skoda Felicia 1997
You don't need keys to test lighter and interior light (the one on ceiling near center mirror) - those work with ignition off. There's not much fancy to say about Felicia It is really simple car by todays standard. You have Felicia 1.3 MPI 50kW hatchback, pre-facelift model. Judging by analog clock, it is base trim, with no optional equipment (except for headlamp washers and 4-spoke steering wheel I can see on pictures) The engine is evolution of Favorit 136 engine, with multipoint indirect injection (each cylinder has its own injector, but it's in intake, outside of combustion chamber). It is Euro 2 emission standard. It needs gasoline with atleast 95 octane rating (which is standard nowadays). In my opinion, it is the best engine you can have in Felicia, since it's reliable, fuel efficient (you can easily get below 6l/100 on average), and it's not much weaker than 1.6. Only downside is, that it can get quite noisy in higher RPM.
-
I need the car owner manual for Skoda Felicia 1997
Car in picture you posted doesn't have front foglights, so it doesn't have relay Second relay is for rear Intermittent wiper, which is optional equipment. Clock (atleast digital, I'm not 100% sure about mechanical) is powered from the same fuse (15) as interior light and lighter socket - do those work?
-
I need the car owner manual for Skoda Felicia 1997
then 1997 manual will do for you. Facelift is variant from January 1998, with Octavia-styled front end, painted bumpers and lighter interior. However, changes are mostly cosmetic compared to 1997, so even manual for newer model would work for you. Anyway, what issue do you have with your car?
-
I need the car owner manual for Skoda Felicia 1997
Model year is a different thing from actual year of manufacture. Model year 1998 started in summer 1997. I guess you have pre-facelift model, right?
-
Skoda Felicia - Engine Cuts Out
Well, it didn't sound like genuine question. Anyway, I did mine roughly every year. But I did about 30000km by that time.
-
Can i make a modification to my Felicia 1.3 filter case?
you have air conditioning, right? Does it look like this?
-
Skoda Felicia - Engine Cuts Out
You didn't say anything abouth 12 months in your first reply. So what is yout point?
-
Changing auxiliary belt Felicia 1.3mpi with hydraulic steering and AC
Looks like you're right, I was confused by this plate, which is not present in my picture, i thought it's another variant of holder from the 1st picture. Looking again at that groove under hex screw, it looks like tensioning mechanism. Still, that belt route looks weird..
-
Changing auxiliary belt Felicia 1.3mpi with hydraulic steering and AC
-
Changing auxiliary belt Felicia 1.3mpi with hydraulic steering and AC
The car is not L&K. It just has L&K interior. No Felicia had power steering and AC from factory, but many have PS from factory and retrofited AC - which is this case. Problem is, that these instalations are different in each car.. Btw, how many Fabias had engimes with power steering pump?
-
Changing auxiliary belt Felicia 1.3mpi with hydraulic steering and AC
What do you mean? And why do you mention L&K?
-
Skoda Felicia - Engine Cuts Out
15 000km = 9 300 miles. That's around ('~'symbol) 10k miles. Was it necessary to bump 2yr old thread for this?
-
Changing auxiliary belt Felicia 1.3mpi with hydraulic steering and AC
It's Felicia, Fabia block doesn't have pushrod cover under the cylinder head.
-
New front
@Bete Noir It's not needed, but I listed it for complete conversion.
-
Weird central locking issue.
But alarm unit is in engine bay and it's only component in cetral locking circuit connected to ignition, which is why I suggested it first. Recently, I had to repair remote, because solder joints fell apart - your unit might have similar issue. Or seals might have failed and let moisture in.
-
New front
Fabia? No, but Felicia facelift front can be fitted. You'll need bonnet, lock mechanism for bonnet (depending on model year, you may not have larger hole for facelift mechanism in the front panel), headlamps, little panels that go between headlamps and bumper cover, bumper cover and bumper reinforcement (I hope I haven't forgot something)